Deadline: 24 May 2018
The Russell Sage Foundation is seeking letter of inquiries for its Race, Ethnicity, and Immigration program.
The program seeks investigator-initiated research proposals on the social, economic, and political effects of the changing racial and ethnic composition of the U.S. population, including the transformation of communities and ideas about what it means to be American.
The foundation is interested in innovative research that examines the roles of race, ethnicity, nativity, and legal status in outcomes for immigrants, U.S.-born racial and ethnic minorities, and native-born whites.
A primary goal of the new program is to find ways in which researchers from different social science traditions studying issues of race, ethnicity, and immigration may complement one another in productive and innovative ways. The foundation encourage multi-disciplinary perspectives and methods that both strengthen the data, theory, and methods of social science research and foster an understanding of how might better achieve the American ideals of a pluralist society.
Examples of the kinds of topics and questions that are of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The Effects of Stratification by Race, Ethnicity, and Immigrant Status on Social, Economic, and Political Outcomes of Different Groups
- American Institutions’ Response to Increasing Diversity in the Population
- The Role of Legal Status in Immigrant Outcomes
- Ethnic and Racial Socialization and Identity Formation
- Immigration, Racial and Ethnic Diversity, and Integration
- Immigration Policy and Immigrant Integration Policies
- Redefinition of Inter-Group Relations
- All applicants (both PIs and Co-PIs) must have a Ph.D. or comparable terminal degree, or a strong career background that establishes their ability to conduct high-level, peer-reviewed scholarly research.
- RSF particularly encourages early career scholars to apply for Presidential grants. All nationalities are eligible to apply and applicants do not have to reside in the U.S.
- RSF does not accept applications for Project and Presidential Grants from doctoral or other graduate students, unless specified in a special RFP.
How to Apply
Interested Applicants must submit their Letter of Inquiry online via given website.
For more information, please visit Russell Sage Foundation.