Deadline: 8 December 2019
- The Embassy and ECA’s Cultural Heritage Center request project abstracts and, if selected to advance to Round 2, full proposals for large-scale, partnership-based projects to preserve significant cultural heritage sites in less developed countries through the U.S. Ambassadors Fund for Cultural Preservation (AFCP).
- Past recipients of awards through the AFCP Large Grants Program may submit applications for continuation funds under this Opportunity.
Floor/Ceiling on Amount Awards: from US $200,000 to $800,000 per project.
The AFCP Large Grants Program supports the preservation of major ancient archaeological sites, historic buildings and monuments, and major museum collections that are accessible to the public and protected by law in the host country.
The AFCP Large Grants Program gives top priority to project activities that are appropriate and in keeping with international cultural heritage preservation standards. An appropriate preservation activity is one that protects the values of the site as they are understood by stakeholders. Stakeholders may include national, regional, or local cultural authorities; the local community; and others with vested interests in the site and the outcome of a project. Appropriate project activities may include:
- Preventive conservation (addressing conditions that damage or threaten the site)
- Stabilization (reducing the physical disturbance [settling, collapse, etc.] of a site)
- Conservation (addressing damage or deterioration to a collection or sites)
- Consolidation (connecting or reconnecting elements of a site)
- Anastylosis (reassembling a site from its original parts)
- Restoration (replacing missing elements to recreate the original appearance of a site, usually appropriate only with fine arts, decorative arts, and historic buildings)
How to Apply
- This Opportunity consists of two application rounds:
- Round 1 (Project Abstract)
- Round 2 (Full Proposal)
- To apply for Round 1, please complete the documents available on the website and send them via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://ru.usembassy.gov/education-culture/cooperation-programs/afcp/afcp-large-grants/