Deadline: 26 September 2019
South African Breweries(SAB) is currently inviting applications for the Tholoana Enterprise Programme to support entrepreneurs emphasizing on women, youth, people in rural areas and entrepreneurs with a disability.
The support package includes extensive entrepreneurial skills development, mentorship and access to tools and templates. Connection to peers around the country, as well as access to markets and finance make this an exciting and successful programme. The SAB Foundation is especially keen to create opportunities for entrepreneurs with disabilities, who are strongly encouraged to apply.
It initially aim at providing funding for small, medium and micro-sized enterprises, in order to contribute to the economic and social empowerment of historically disadvantaged persons. This is done primarily by supporting entrepreneurship development and social innovation with a priority focus on providing opportunities within small, medium and micro-sized enterprises for women and youth, people in rural areas, as well as persons with disability.
Business support is offered for:
- Businesses in their early developmental phase (does not have to be registered yet);
- Registered businesses in their growth phase.
- Enterprises run by or benefiting people with disabilities;
- Women and youth-owned businesses;
- Peri-urban and rural enterprises;
- Enterprises that create jobs in areas with few other opportunities;
In addition, they are keen to identify enterprises with good long-term growth potential, and high-impact for example: potential for job creation.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Export potential and/or import substitution;
- Water, energy and waste sector;
- Education (excluding early childhood development sector);
- Identified growth areas e.g. Saldhana, Lephalale.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- The Business is black-owned and managed;
- The Business is operational;
- The Business is headquartered and registered (if applicable), within the South African borders;
- The Business should be a going concern, commercially sustainable and viable;
- The Applicant is involved in the business’s daily operations and management on a full time basis, and are not employed by any other organisation;
- The Applicant has the skills and experience necessary for the type of business they’re engaged in;
- The Business is in the early stages of growth (older than six months and no more than five years).
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information please visit https://sabfoundation.co.za/tholoana-enterprise-programme