Deadline: 26 September 2019
South African Breweries(SAB) is currently inviting applications for the Tholoana Enterprise Programme to support entrepreneurs emphasizing on women, youth, people in rural areas and entrepreneurs with a disability.
The support package includes extensive entrepreneurial skills development, mentorship and access to tools and templates. Connection to peers around the country, as well as access to markets and finance make this an exciting and successful programme. The SAB Foundation is especially keen to create opportunities for entrepreneurs with disabilities, who are strongly encouraged to apply.
It initially aim at providing funding for small, medium and micro-sized enterprises, in order to contribute to the economic and social empowerment of historically disadvantaged persons. This is done primarily by supporting entrepreneurship development and social innovation with a priority focus on providing opportunities within small, medium and micro-sized enterprises for women and youth, people in rural areas, as well as persons with disability.
Business support is offered for:
- Businesses in their early developmental phase (does not have to be registered yet);
- Registered businesses in their growth phase.
- Enterprises run by or benefiting people with disabilities;
- Women and youth-owned businesses;
- Peri-urban and rural enterprises;
- Enterprises that create jobs in areas with few other opportunities;
In addition, they are keen to identify enterprises with good long-term growth potential, and high-impact for example: potential for job creation.
- Export potential and/or import substitution;
- Water, energy and waste sector;
- Education (excluding early childhood development sector);
- Identified growth areas e.g. Saldhana, Lephalale.
- The Business is black-owned and managed;
- The Business is operational;
- The Business is headquartered and registered (if applicable), within the South African borders;
- The Business should be a going concern, commercially sustainable and viable;
- The Applicant is involved in the business’s daily operations and management on a full time basis, and are not employed by any other organisation;
- The Applicant has the skills and experience necessary for the type of business they’re engaged in;
- The Business is in the early stages of growth (older than six months and no more than five years).
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information please visit https://sabfoundation.co.za/tholoana-enterprise-programme