Deadline: 16 June 2017
The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) is seeking applications for its program entitled “Prime 2017” in order to provide training and capacity building grant programs to microenterprise development organizations (MDOs).
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Program for Investment in Microentrepreneurs Act of 1999 (the PRIME Act) became law on November 12, 1999 with the passage of Pub. L. No. 106-102 (15 U.S.C. § 6901 note).
The PRIME Act authorizes the SBA to provide funding to qualified organizations for the purposes of:
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- providing training and technical assistance to disadvantaged entrepreneurs
- providing training and capacity building assistance to microenterprise development organizations (MDOs) and programs
- aiding in Research and development of best practices for microenterprise and technical assistance programs for disadvantaged entrepreneurs
- for other activities as the SBA Administrator determines.
Estimated Total Program Funding:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Award Ceiling: $250,000
- Award Floor: $50,000
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- An applicant must clearly demonstrate that it is one of the following:
- A microenterprise development organization or program (or group or Collaborative thereof) such as a non-profit Community Development Financial Institution or similar entity, that has a demonstrated record of delivering microenterprise services to disadvantaged entrepreneurs
- An Intermediary which has experience in delivering technical assistance to disadvantaged entrepreneurs
- A microenterprise development organization or program that is accountable to a local community, working in conjunction with a State or local government or Indian Tribe
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
For more information, please visit Grants.gov.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.