Deadline: 14 June 2020
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Through this Request for Applications (RFA), Eurasia Foundation’s (EF) U.S.-Russia Social Expertise Exchange (SEE) invites statements of interest from U.S. organizations seeking to establish collaboration with Russian partner(s) in joint pursuit of solutions to social issues of importance to both countries.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Teams composed of at least one US and Russian organization or higher education institution are invited to propose innovative bilateral initiatives that will benefit both countries and address a common issue in one of the four following socially-oriented themes:
- Social inclusion
- Technology and innovation for social good
- Social entrepreneurship
- Youth engagement
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Projects may request EF funding of up to $43,000 for a period of up to twelve months for projects that focus on various topics, including but not limited to increasing involvement of youth in the social sphere and cultivating their participation in international dialogue; increasing involvement of people with disabilities in social life, employment, and sports; and creating initiatives to encourage social entrepreneurship and technological innovation.
Projects must meet the following criteria to be eligible:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Projects must address one or more of SEE’s four thematic areas (Social Inclusion, Technology and Innovation for Social Good, Social Entrepreneurship, and Youth Engagement).
- Projects must include one U.S.-based partner and one Russia-based partner as implementing organizations. Lead partners may also include other organizations/individuals as additional implementers to assist with project activities as necessary.
- Project applications must be submitted by the U.S.-based partner on behalf of the partnership. EF will only disburse funds to the U.S. lead organization to manage on behalf of the partnership.
- Projects must achieve clear and measurable impact with equal or near-equal benefit to both the U.S. and Russia.
- Projects must impact at least 250 direct beneficiaries in each country (500 total).
- Projects may not directly engage in political activism, public policy reform, or the influence of public opinion.
- Russian federal, regional, state, and local government bodies; government-funded social institutions (e.g. orphanages, nature preserves); as well as federal academic and research institutions are not eligible to serve as project partners (except for student groups, which may do so).
While universities and other research institutions are eligible to apply, funded projects must expand beyond pure research. Projects falling outside the four thematic areas will also be considered for funding if the project will facilitate greater understanding of shared values in the U.S. and Russia. Applicants are encouraged to include innovative methodologies and technologies to accomplish program goals and collaboration between U.S. and Russian peers.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
Project teams that plan to integrate international travel into their projects should keep the following requirements in mind while planning their project activities:
- Due to significantly increased wait times for both U.S. and Russian visas, the project team should allot enough time for visa processing in advance of any international travel (at least 60 days in advance for travel to Russia and 90 days in advance for travel to the US). Project teams should begin planning international travel as soon as funding is awarded.
- The project team will be responsible for making all travel arrangements associated with the project (e.g. lodging, domestic and international transportation, interpretation services, per diem/living allowance, health insurance, visa services).
- All participants traveling internationally must take part in an EF online orientation before their departure from their home countries.
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.
The following criteria will be used to evaluate project applications:
- Extent of demonstrated need for the project among target groups;
- Clarity and impact of the project objective and activities;
- Relevance of proposed activities for achieving the project objective;
- Overall extent of project impact in the U.S. and Russia and on collaboration between the two countries;
- Potential for project sustainability beyond the proposed funding period;
- Capacity of lead organizations and other project team members to successfully implement the proposed project.
For more information, visit https://www.usrussiasocialexpertise.org/partnership-projects-post-2/