Deadline: 31 March 2019
The Keystone Foundation is inviting proposals for its Shrikant Joshi Endowment Fund (SJEF).
Keystone Foundation has taken the responsibility of administering the Shrikant Joshi Endowment Fund and hence the funds are handled and invested through the organization.
The mission of this foundation is to enhance the Quality of Life and the Environment with Indigenous Communities using Eco-development Approaches.
This fund is open to support seminal ideas and new ways of doing things! They believe in giving importance to small actions and experiments in demonstrating and igniting wide-ranging and pervasive changes. Applicants share with them their creative ideas that can play a significant role for creating better lives for young people, their communities and society as a whole.
Expected Outcomes of the Foundation
The goal is to work on issues of Natural Resources and Rural Development, with Indigenous People in mountainous and adjoining regions, addressing the challenges of conservation, livelihoods and enterprise development, through appropriate – knowledgeaction, technologies, socio-economic innovations and institutions. Their work is expected to lead to the following outcomes for which the organization will directly be responsible and accountable:
- Increasing conservation perspectives and ecologically sound principles in all aspects of their work.
- Increasing the availability of viable natural resource-based sustainable livelihood options for indigenous people.
- Village groups and institutions taking greater responsibility for managing programmes.
- Sustaining traditional and cultural practices through opportunities provided within programmes.
- Knowledge developed by research and action projects, being owned by stakeholders and put to practice.
- Indigenous people being in a position to dialogue with decisionmakers.
- Influencing policy & decision making towards environmental governance.
- Promoting organic & fair trade principles in market based interventions.
- Primacy of human values and relationships as a core of any organizational or societal existence and development
- Deep humility, search for knowledge and awareness of others and their sensitivities
- Organic, natural and ecological basis for life.
- This year SJEF will support a total 3 shortlisted proposals.
- Total funding available – 4 lakh rupees.
- Fund level 1 – One Grant for 2 lakh rupees.
- Fund level 1.1 – Two Grants for 1 lakh rupees, each.
- Duration of the proposed project – 1 year.
Proposals are invited from individuals, students, researchers and organizations, seeking support for original work, research or action or both in promoting the mentioned core values.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit https://keystone-foundation.org/shrikanth-joshi-endowment-fund/