Deadline: 28 February 2017
Can your technology contribute to a better environment and help reduce poverty? Do you want to explore a new market for your product? If yes, then apply for the Planning Grant.
The Demo Environment programme, financed by The Swedish Agency for Development Cooperation (Sida) is seeking applications for its Planning Grant to strengthen organisation’s partnerships and explore new market opportunities for their technology or business model.
- Ecosystem services
- Urban development
- The maximum amount you can apply for as a Planning Grant is SEK 350,000.
- Co-financing is not required for Planning Grants, although it may be considered favourable during the selection process.
- Applicants must fulfill the following eligibility requirements:
- The main applicant must be a company or organisation based outside one of the 14 countries (mentioned below), and its partner organisation (the potential customer) must be legally registered in the project country.
- The partners must have signed a Memorandum of Understanding or similar agreement before applying.
- As guiding principle companies or private organizations applying and their partners should have at least 3 employees and have been operating for about 3 years. They particularly encourage applications from small and medium-sized enterprises.
- Both partners must exhibit sound finances and a reasonable turnover.
- Note that no organisation, private or public, is eligible for funds if it is involved in any of the following:
- The manufacture of arms and/or their components
- The tobacco industry
- Projects must fulfil the following eligibility requirements:
- The project’s activities involve exploring new market opportunities, understanding local conditions, and strengthening partnerships.
- The project involves the introduction of new technology or business models in one of the 14 available countries.
- The technology in question has already been proven and sold in another market.
- The following are examples of suitable project activities:
How to Apply
Interested applicants must apply online via given website.
- Africa: Kenya, Mozambique, Tanzania, Zambia
- Asia: Bangladesh, Cambodia
- Latin America: Bolivia, Colombia, Guatemala
- Western Balkans: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia
- Eastern Europe: Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine
For more information, please visit Planning grants.