Deadline: 9 December 2019
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Active Citizens Fund is a specific programme area within the European Economic Area Financial Mechanism 2014-2021 funded by Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway. The objective of the Active Citizens Fund is: “Civil society and active citizenship strengthened, and vulnerable groups empowered”.
The Active Citizens Fund seeks to develop the long-term sustainability and capacity of the civil society sector, with the aim of strengthening its role in contributing to democratic governance, policy development, promoting democratic participation and active citizenship.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Priority is also given to actions that improve the accountability of NGOs to the wider public and strengthen their ability to empower and involve local communities, as well as advocate on their behalf, and actions to communicate the impact of civil society to social change.
The Programme will seek to develop the long-term sustainability and capacity of the civil society sector, strengthening its role in promoting democratic participation, active citizenship and human rights, and empowerment of vulnerable groups.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
The Programme shall be based on the common values of respect for human dignity, freedom, democracy, equality, the rule of law and respect for human rights, including the rights of persons belonging to minorities.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Projects must focus at capacity building of civil society organisations and may include various types of measures, for example:
- Development of transparent and accountable governance procedures of CSOs;
- Improving of CSOs’ management procedures;
- Bringing new knowledge, skills and people to civil society activities;
- Strengthening CSO networks;
- Mutual learning and dissemination, e.g. mentorship programmes;
- Implementing impact evaluation tools to measure the impact of CSOs;
- Forging partnerships with other sectors;
- Activities to improve financial viability etc.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
- Small grants are available between EUR 10,000 to 20,000 and the duration of the projects must be between 12 to 18 months;
- Altogether EUR 250,000 is available for small capacity building grants under the current call for proposals;
- The grant rate is up to 90% of eligible expenditures of the project;
- Voluntary work may constitute up to 100% of the co-financing required for the project and it may be provided only by the project promoter and/or any NGO acting as a project partner(s);
- In the framework of the current call the cost of voluntary work shall be between EUR 4,29 and 11,00 depending on the nature of work.
- Civil society and active citizenship strengthened, and vulnerable groups empowered;
- Enhanced capacity and sustainability of civil society;
- Platforms and networks among CSOs established or sustained;
- Monitoring and evaluation capacity of CSOs supported.
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.
Civil society organisations working in public benefit that work in the following five areas are eligible to apply:
- Democracy, active citizenship, good governance and transparency;
- Human rights and equal treatment through combating any discrimination on the grounds of racial or ethnic origin, religion or belief, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation or gender identity;
- Social justice and inclusion of vulnerable groups;
- Gender equality and gender-based violence;
- Environment and climate change;
- Projects that increase the engagement of national minority organisations and thus increase multicultural understanding;
- Eligible organisations can submit one application as (lead) applicant within the call. There is no limitation as to the number of partnerships any organisation may be involved in as a project partner.
How to Apply
Applications must be submited electronically at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Estonia
For more information, please visit https://acf.ee/en/news/article/open-call-for-proposals-for-small-capacity-building-grants-active-citizens-fund-of-the-eea-grants
(Ad) A massive library of Downloadable Ebooks, covering a range of how-to topics from fundraising, proposal writing, grant listings, donor listings to NGO management. Learn more.