Deadline: 30 June 2019
Public Affairs Section Dakar is inviting proposals for programs that advance strategic objectives and strengthen the ties between the United States and Senegal or between the United States and Guinea-Bissau.
All programs must include an U.S. element, or a connection with U.S. expert/s, organization/s, or institution/s in a specific field that will promote increased understanding of U.S. policy and perspectives. This can also include the involvement of Senegalese or Bissau-Guinean alumni of U.S. government exchange programs.
Suggested project topics include:
- Promoting democratic values and good governance
- Countering violent extremism
- Countering trafficking in persons/forced child begging
- Increasing opportunities for youth
- Promoting women’s empowerment
Participants and Audiences
- Estimated Total Program Funding: $100,000
- Award Ceiling: $25,000
- Award Floor: $10,000
- The Public Affairs Section encourages applications from Senegal and Guinea-Bissau:
- Registered not-for-profit organizations and associations, including think tanks and civil society/non-governmental organizations and associations with programming experience
- Non-profit or governmental educational institutions
- For-profit or commercial entities are not eligible to apply.
The following types of programs are not eligible for funding:
- Programs relating to partisan political activity;
- Charitable or development activities;
- Construction programs;
- Programs that support specific religious activities;
- Fund-raising campaigns;
- Lobbying for specific legislation or programs
- Scientific research;
- Programs that involve the purchase of equipment;
- Programs intended primarily for the growth or institutional development of the organization; or
- Programs that duplicate existing programs.
How to Apply
All application materials must be submitted by email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=314619