Deadline: 1 October 2019
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
- Ensure shared responsibility for international security and strengthen the cohesion of the Western Alliance, by funding proposals which: counter violent extremism, strengthen NATO, support cyber and transatlantic security commitments, and promote the rule of law.
- Strengthen economic prosperity, by funding proposals which: encourage freer and fairer trade and investment between the United States and the Netherlands, and support entrepreneurship and innovation.
- Advance energy security, by funding proposals which: promote energy security for the Netherlands and other EU member states, promote investment in renewable energy, and support cooperation on energy transition.
- Deepen the commitment to our shared values, by funding proposals which: promote U.S. culture, including music, art, sports, and education, and which support integration, human rights, women’s empowerment, and other areas of mutual interest that promote freedom and democracy.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Most grants considered are between $5,000 and $25,000.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Activities that are typically funded include, but are not limited to:
- bringing an American expert speaker or performer to the Netherlands;
- conferences on American themes or issues of mutual interest;
- exhibitions of works by Americans or on American themes;
- youth recreation, leadership, cultural, and education programs;
- programs promoting STEM studies (Science, Technology, Education, and Mathematics) particularly those that target under-served communities; and,
- radio, television, and social media programming or campaigns in support of the above four objectives.
Activities that are not typically funded include, but are not limited to:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- ongoing salary costs;
- office equipment;
- paying to complete activities begun with other funds;
- projects that are inherently political in nature or that contain the appearance of partisanship/support to individual or single party electoral campaigns;
- citizen exchange programs with foreign countries;
- social welfare projects;
- political party activities; and,
- projects that support specific religious activities.
- The U.S. Embassy The Hague encourages applications from all sectors: committed and organized civil-society organizations, local representatives of civil society, think tanks, non-governmental organizations, academic institutions, and individuals.
- The U.S. Embassy The Hague encourages applicants to provide cost-sharing from additional sources in support of this project. The U.S. Embassy also encourages projects that use highly skilled volunteers as an element of cost-sharing. Applications should explain clearly other likely sources of funding and how the volunteers will be used.
How to Apply
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
Proposals should be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: The Netherlands
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://nl.usembassy.gov/education-culture/small-grant-program/