Deadline: 6 September 2019
The International Dialogue Centre (KAICIID) has announced that it is awarding grants for a limited number of short-term, quick impact projects in the Central African Republic (CAR) with the aim to build bridges between communities of different religious, ethnic and identity backgrounds.
Active in the country since 2016, KAICIID has pushed for the establishment of operational and sustainable mechanisms to strengthen the capacity of religious leaders to prevent violence and engage in interreligious dialogue for reconciliation.
KAICIID will award grants for a few projects with contributions that range from 3.000 euros (minimum amount) to 10.000 euros (maximum amount). Proposals will be evaluated by a committee in Vienna, based on specific selection criteria.
The projects should focus on one or more of the following priorities:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Raising local awareness for interreligious dialogue
- Promotion of social cohesion and reconciliation
- Preventing/countering hate speech
- Organizations must be registered under CAR law in order to qualify.
- In addition to the above criteria, due consideration will be given by the committee to the following:
- Geographical scope: Depending on the specificity of each project, the focus can be placed on activities taking place at prefectural level outside of Bangui.
- In particular, KAICIID is particularly encouraging registered grassroots civil society organisations, religious leaders and/or religious-based organisations operating out of Bangui to apply to this call.
- The selected projects need to be fully and effectively implemented by the end of 2019.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Successful project proposals should fulfill most of the following requirements:
- Capacity of the applicant: applicants should have relevant capacities at the technical and substantive level, as well as networking capacities, in order to effectively implement projects on the ground;
- Alignment with KAICIID’s mandate (and notably its mission and strategic aims);
- Collaboration across religious lines: proposals that involve interfaith collaboration will receive priority;
- Overall project impact (measured by the number of people reached or impacted by the project);
- Clarity and practicality of the proposal (with reference to its objectives and deliverables);
- Sustainability, replicability & scalability of the project: proposals that are sustainable or potentially replicable will be prioritized;
- Gender sensitivity: proposals should target men and women equally and create an environment that is conducive to women’s empowerment.
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- Applications should be transmitted online, via given website.
- They should be accompanied by all 3 annexes, which can be downloaded also on the given page: (1) the project proposal, as per this format; (2) a detailed budget, as per this budget; and (3) the workplan, as per this format.
- Alternatively, the projects can also be submitted by sending the three above mentioned annexes via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://www.kaiciid.org/car-call-grant-proposals