Deadline: 31 July 2016
U.S. Embassy Kampala is seeking applications from organisations for a program entitled “Small Grants Human Rights” with an aim to support human rights organizations that provide immediate services and assistance to the LGBTI community.
The program is to select projects that promote and protect LGBTI rights in Uganda and is aimed at improving the current reality for the LGBTI community while advocating and promoting a more inclusive future.
The Small Grants Office will particularly consider grant proposals that increase the visibility of LGBTI individuals, promote awareness and evidence-based education, with a particular focus on young people, and engage directly with key religious organizations.
- Short term: involve safety and security for the LGBTI community, including access to health care facilities and victim services if needed.
- Long term: involve changing the perception of homosexuality and of individuals in the LGBTI community.
- Subject to the availability of funding, the approximately available support is $100,000 for five to six organizations.
- Applications should not request less than $5,000 and no more than $25,000.
- Applicants should include an anticipated start date of September 2016 and the period of performance should be between 12 months to 18 months.
- The Small Grants Office welcomes applications from Uganda-based non-profit organizations/nongovernment organizations (NGO).
- Community Based Organizations (CBO) and Grassroots organizations are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Country: Uganda
For more information, please visit Small Grants Human Rights Program.