Deadline: 2 February 2020
The goal of the Small Grants Program is to support civil society development in Belarus.
Grants amount is sized upto $25,000.
- Promotion and support of public interests;
- Development and strengthening of local communities;
- Development of entrepreneurship;
- Development of tourism;
- Environmental education and awareness.
- The Small Grants Program only funds proposals that contain accurate and well-developed implementation plans and clear explanations of how the project goals will be achieved, where those goals address the Program’s themes and priorities;
- The Program prefers supporting complete projects instead of individual activities, such as one-time conferences, publications, or round tables. A complete project involves a sequence of coherent events, logically interwoven and linked in time;
- The Program designed to achieve specific goals within a particular time frame, and focusing on target audiences. The time frame for the project should be appropriate to the project activities and should not exceed 12 months.
- Competition is open to registered Belarusian non-governmental non-profit organizations;
- Applications from governmental, international, political party organizations or religious organizations will not be considered;
- Projects can only be submitted by organizations and not by individuals.
Proposals will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Potential to contribute to the development of the priority areas above;
- Feasibility and financial soundness of the proposal supported by a project monitoring and evaluation plan;
- Concrete and measurable results that will directly benefit the local community;
- Creative approach in working with target audiences;
- Past experience in successfully organizing and completing planned activities.
For more information, visit https://by.usembassy.gov/education-culture/u-s-embassy-small-grants-program/