SMART Balkans Project, funded by the Norway Ministry of Foreign Affairs, is implemented by consortium of organizations: Centar za promociju civilnog drustva (CPCD) as a Lead Applicant, in partnership with Center for Research and Policy Making (CRPM) from North Macedonia, and Institute for Democracy and Mediation (IDM) from Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Montenegro, and Serbia.
- Creative Box Grants will provide funding for projects related to two main areas:
- Security & Stability
- Overall objective of the Project is to contribute to strengthening participatory democracies and Euro Atlantic integrations in the Western Balkans by empowering civil society organizations and CSO networks for stronger and active role in creating peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development in Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia and Serbia.
- Specific objectives of the SMART Balkans project are:
- Stronger, more sustainable, and vibrant CSOs in the six countries of the Western Balkans region
- Developed strong regional partnerships between civil society organizations from the region of the Western Balkans themselves and with their EU counterparts and public authorities
- Increased effectiveness of citizen influencing change through CSOs that advances Security and Stability and Governance in the Western Balkans region
- Increased awareness of public on importance of active participation of civil society in major development initiatives in the region of Western Balkans.
- SMART Balkans will support within this call 2 projects in Albania, Kosovo, Montenegro, with a grant amount of up to NOK 109,000 (approximately up to EUR 11,000).
- Within this call, SMART Balkan will support at least two projects in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro with with a grant amount of NOK 20,000 to 108,000 (between EUR 1,960 and EUR 10,588)
- Within this call, SMART Balkan will support 2 projects from S. Macedonia, and the amount of the grant will range from 20650 to 108000 NOK ( € 1960 to € 10680)Within this call,
- SMART Balkan will support at least two projects in Serbia with a grant amount of 20,650 to 108,000 NOK (between 1,960 EUR and 10,680 EUR).
- Duration: The duration of the supported initiatives will be from 6 to 12 months.
- This is a non-exhaustive list of activities that are eligible for this type of grant:
- Production of creative products (eg theatre, art performances, video productions, events, songs and all other forms of creative expression)
- Promotion of creative content (with the exception of printed promotional material)
- To apply for this type of grant, the applicant must:
- Be a legal entity (organization or association, excluding political and religious organizations, as well as local branches of international organizations) or be an informal group of artists
- Be located in Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia (in the case of a legal entity)
- Be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the project, not acting as an intermediary.
For more information, visit SMART Balkans.