Deadline: 31 May 2019
SNV is inviting expressions of interest from private sector-led agribusinesses to co-invest in the implementation of climate change adaptation, productivity improvements and inclusive business models under its Climate Smart Agriculture East Africa Project (CSA-EA) project.
CSA-EA is a five-year project funded by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of The Netherlands and implemented by SNV in partnership with Wageningen University and Research (WUR), CGIAR’s Climate Change Agriculture and Food Security Programme (CCAFS), Agriterra and Rabo Partnerships. The project uses an inclusive business development approach to climate smart agriculture for arable crops in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda.
The overall goal of the project is to increase the availability of accessible climate smart food for the growing population in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda. The emphasis of the project implementation will be adopting climate smart practices and technologies among smallholder farmers and agro-enterprises, increasing investments and business growth in climate smart value chains, and creating the enabling environment necessary to ensure the large-scale rollout of market-driven climate smart solutions for the agriculture sector. The project aims to transform, reorient and climate-proof agricultural systems and businesses to the new realities of climate change in a select number of value chains.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Adoption of climate smart practices and technologies among 300,000 farmers
- Development of inclusive business cases for 50 agri-business SMEs and 30 cooperatives
- Climate resilient sustainable food production on 600,000 hectares
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
The project is hinged on three key pillars of climate smart agriculture:
- Productivity: sustainably increase agricultural productivity and incomes
- Adaptation: reduce the exposure of farmers and agri-businesses to short-term risks while strengthening their resilience by building their capacity to adapt and prosper in the face of climatic shocks
- Mitigation: reduce greenhouse gases emissions, increase water and energy efficiencies
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
The project’s Innovation and investment facility shall support selected SMEs and cooperatives with a maximum co-investment of 50% of the required funds for the activity or €200,000, whichever is lower, in the proposed climate smart solutions.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
Duration of the proposed project intervention shall depend on the nature of the intervention. SNV envisages investment interventions that may be implemented within 3 years from the publication of this call, with a completion date not exceeding December 2022, to allow for monitoring and evaluation before the expiry of this project.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
Businesses soliciting co-investment support under the CSA –EA project should be:
- Legally registered small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and Cooperatives
- Demonstrated sound operational track record of at least two years however start-ups with a convincing business case can also be considered
- Eligible organizations should be based in Uganda, Kenya and Tanzania.
- Target value chains are oil seeds, pulses, cereals and potato
- Concept Notes address the arrangements and issues as presented in this Call.
- Ability to invest in products and or services that enhance resilience in agricultural production
- Ability to address vulnerability of the value chain/s to impacts of climate change
- Potential for employment/new job creation for the youth and women
- Potential for innovative CSA practices and technologies
How to Apply
Interested applicants must download the expression of interest form available on the given website.
Eligible Countries: Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda.
For more information, please visit http://www.snv.org/update/snv-launches-expression-interest-co-investment-under-climate-smart-agriculture-east-africa
(Ad) Are you fed up of receiving non-relevant, non-useful and pointless funding alerts and updates in your email? Not anymore! With fundsforNGOs Premium, you can configure what type of funding updates you want to receive, select specific countries and areas of work and receive information only about them. Save your time by getting the most relevant and useful updates in your email. Learn more.