The Enabel has launched a proposal for the Social intermediation “water, hygiene and sanitation” to support the drinking water supply works of 25 CDS in the Sanitary Provinces of Kirundo, Muramvya, Bujumbura rural and Rumonge.
The general objective of this call for proposals is to contribute to improving the hygiene and sanitation conditions of the populations benefiting from the DWS.
Enabel is the development agency of the Belgian federal government, implementing Belgium’s international development policy. Under the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, they carry out public service assignments in Belgium and abroad. They provide customised expertise, including Belgian public expertise, they promote the involvement of all and they pursue top-level partnerships. Enabel enhances the impact of Belgium in international development by carrying out assignments for Belgian and international third-party donors.
The specific objectives of this call for proposals are:
- To encourage a change in the behavior of communities with a view to better hygiene practices at home and in public places;
- To strengthen management capacities and put in place management systems efficient structures to ensure the sustainability of infrastructure.
- The overall indicative amount made available under this call for proposals is EUR 40,000. The contracting authority reserves the right not to allocate all available funds.
- In order to be eligible for subsidies, the applicant must meet the following conditions:
- be a specific type of organization such as: non-governmental organization, public sector operator, local authority, international (intergovernmental) organization whose social object / purpose stated in its statutes is directly linked to the theme of the call for proposals;
- be established or represented in: Burundi;
- be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the faction and not act as an intermediary;
- The potential applicant cannot participate in calls for proposals nor be the beneficiary of subsidies if he finds himself in one of the following situations:
- which are in a state or which are the subject of a procedure of bankruptcy, liquidation, judicial settlement or preventive composition, cessation of activity, or are in any similar situation resulting from a procedure of the same nature existing in national laws and regulations;
- who have been the subject of a conviction pronounced by a judgment having the force of res judicata (that is to say, against which there is no further recourse possible) for any offense affecting their professional morale;
- who, in professional matters, have committed serious misconduct proven by any means that the contracting authorities can justify;
- who have not fulfilled their obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions or their obligations relating to the payment of their taxes according to the legal provisions of the country in which they are established or those of the country of the contracting authority or those of the country on the march must be executed;
- which have been the subject of a judgment which has the force of res judicata for fraud, corruption, involvement in a criminal organization or any other illegal activity.
For more information, visit https://www.enabel.be/content/enabel-grants