The Somerset Fund has been created to offer a simpler and more effective way for businesses to give locally.
This is the fourth grants round for the Somerset Fund. For this round, they want to fund small groups that operate on income of less than £100,000 per year. The grants will be ‘unrestricted’, which means you can use them to pay for your ongoing running costs.
- In this round, grants of up to £2,500 are available.
- They expect you to spend your grant within 12 months of the award date.
What do they want to fund?
They are keen to support a wide range of groups from across Somerset. They are particularly interested in:
- Giving the best start in life to the most disadvantaged children
- Growing the life skills of young people
- Improving the mental health of people of all ages
- Increasing opportunities for better physical health
- Supporting people with disabilities and life-limiting illnesses, and their careers
- Combatting loneliness and isolation
Preference will be given to applicants that have not previously been awarded a grant from The Somerset Fund.
Who can apply?
You do not have to be a registered charity to apply, but the work you ask us to support must be legally charitable. You must have:
- bank account in the name of your group
- governing document
- management committee / board of local people
They also require groups that work with children or vulnerable adults to have a safeguarding policy.
For more information, visit https://www.somersetcf.org.uk/somersetfund