Applications are now open for the Souter Charitable Trust Grant Programme to support projects engaged in the relief of human suffering in all its aspects in the UK and overseas – especially, but not exclusively, those with a Christian emphasis and ethos.
Types of Projects
- Saving Lives Across Scotland
- Ending Modern Slavery
- Feeding Children
- Whilst there are no minimum or maximum amounts given an average grant would be a small one off in the region of £1,000 – £3,000.
- Grants are restricted to UK registered charities only. Current legislation does not permit the trustees to give direct grants to overseas organisations as they are unable to carry out the due diligence required of them.
- Small grants may be awarded for gap year / short term projects which extend to at least one calendar year.
- All projects for capital building and renovation works are specifically excluded from funding.
- The personal health and educational needs of individuals are not normally funded.
- Re-application for a grant is permitted, but only after one calendar year has elapsed.
- The trustees generally meet once a month and all applications, whether successful or not, are acknowledged in due course.
- All grants are made at the discretion of the Trustees and their decision is final
- Applications should be kept short, 2 sides of A4 is sufficient.
- The trustees are looking for a brief outline of the project aims and what the funding is required for a budget maybe included and a copy of your latest audited accounts should be included.
For more information, visit Souter Charitable Trust.