Deadline: 24 October 2016
SouthMed CV, funded by the European Union is seeking proposals for its Value of Culture in the Southern Mediterranean that intends to support innovative, creative and outstanding cultural and artistic projects focusing on the role of culture in a diversity of contexts carried out in cooperation with other stakeholders, with aim having an impact on public space, and at strengthening the networking, managerial and institutional capacities of cultural operators and artistic organisations in the Southern Mediterranean.
SouthMed CV is implemented by a consortium led by Interarts, Spain, in partnership with BAC Art Center, Tunisia, Gudran for Art and Development, Egypt, Khayal Arts & Education, Lebanon, the National Center for Culture and Arts/King Hussein Foundation, Jordan, and the German Commission for UNESCO.
The project contains three lots:
- Lot 1: Projects contributing at strengthening the role of culture at local, national and regional level, in cooperation with other stakeholders in the public sphere (e.g. organisations active in the social, educational or environmental fields, youth and cultural centres, schools, universities, libraries, local authorities, etc.).
- Lot 2: Projects aiming to enhance the institutional and managerial capacities of cultural operators and artistic organisations, and promote their visibility and role in public space at local, national and regional level.
- Lot 3: Projects aiming at strengthening networking capacities of the cultural sector at national and regional level in cooperation with other stakeholders (e.g. social, educational, environmental sectors).
- Lot 1: maximum 45.000 Euro
- Lot 2: maximum 30.000 Euro
- Lot 3: maximum 60.000 Euro
- The indicative amount available for the 3 lots is 1.000.000,00 euro.
- Applications must involve at least three partners: one of the partners shall act as main applicant and the other two as associated partners (e.g. non-profit organisations, local authorities and/or private actors). It is strongly recommended that applications include documentation proving a wide set of partners both from their country, and from other countries in the Southern Mediterranean region.
- Main applicants must be non-profit organisations legally registered in the eligible countries and active in the cultural sector in the Southern Mediterranean region.
- Main applicants must be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the project proposal with their partners, not acting as an intermediary.
- Main applicants must have a valid bank account registered under their legal name.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
Eligible Countries: Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine and Tunisia.
For more information, please visit SouthMed CV.