Deadline: 29 June 2018
The Sport Access Foundation is launching its inaugural grant to applicants who best demonstrate the desire to succeed in their chosen pursuit and where the financial and moral support from Sport Access Foundation would further their education or personal development.
Sport Access Foundation aims to provide financial assistance and support to enable children and teenagers to participate in sporting activities that are otherwise beyond the financial means of that child or their parent(s) or guardian(s).
As well as receiving a $2,000 grant successful recipients will also have access to:
- A mentor suited for the applicant or their parent. This might be in the form of a Paralympian or a specialist within the disability sports sector. The mentor will be available for once a month sessions over 12 months.
- A Sport Access Foundation starter pack, which will include samples and products from sponsors and supporters, as well as a welcome interview to provide guidance on goal setting and planning.
- Becomes a Member of the Sport Access Foundation and will form part of a developing Alumni.
Eligible applicant includes:
- Applicants are 7 to 17 years old in the calendar year of the application
- Applicants are living with a physical or intellectual disability
- Applicants are an Australian citizen or permanent resident and are residing in Australia
- Applicants are participating or are registered as an athlete, coach, umpire or referee in one or more of the following :
- an Australian sport club at the local, regional or state level
- a state school sport or state championship
- a national school sport or national championships
- an international competition as a member of an official Australian team
- Applicants have a stated desire to pursue their chosen field of sport
- Applicants have shown their aspiration to achieve excellence in their performance
- Applicants have demonstrated initiative and commitment to challenge their self and achieve their goals
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
Eligible Country: Australia
For more information, please visit Sport Access Foundation Grants.