Deadline: 22 July 2019
It builds on the success of the Young Health Programme and enables a wider range of applications to be considered from NGOs, non-profits and other charitable organisations seeking to innovate and scale their impact in relation to young people’s health and well being. It is aligned with United Nations SDG3 (health and well being) and seeks to fund innovative approaches to improving young people’s health.
The grants programme aims to achieve its intended impact through funding new ideas, focusing on understanding challenges and creating interventions that catalyses change. Priority will be given to applications that are led by or involving young people, which demonstrate potential to innovate and grow in scale.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
They expect projects to focus on one or more of the following:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Exploring challenges and opportunities to explore, define and understand social needs;
- Generating ideas;
- Developing and testing ideas areas;
- Making the business case.
They aim to:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Learn about what really works;
- Have a positive impact on the young people involved in the projects and the communities that they serve;
- Increase investment in and understanding of health and well being initiatives for young people.
And to generate:
- Case studies and other evidence of promising approaches;
- Opportunities for future collaboration and investment.
To achieve this they are seeking grant applications for projects which:
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- Focus on health promotion and non-communicable disease (NCD) prevention in young people;
- Are aimed at people younger than 30;
- Have opportunities for youth involvement and leadership;
- Demonstrate innovation and can be scaled up;
- Are diverse.
- Grants of up to $10,000 will be made in 2019, with the aim of creating a diverse portfolio of initiatives from which to learn about promising approaches to social innovation and change.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
- The fund is open to non-profit and charitable organisations supporting youth-focused projects on either non-communicable disease (NCD) prevention or well being.
- Priority will be given to projects that:
- Are well thought through, with realistic and easy to measure outcomes;
- Identify or meet new or unmet needs;
- Are in low-income and middle-income countries, and countries where AstraZeneca has no community investment activity;
- Are led by young people;
- Engage AstraZeneca employees;
- Engage external stakeholders;
- Move from ideas into action;
- Are innovative;
- Have the potential to grow, scale up and access other forms of funding.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For further information, please visit https://www.cafonline.org/charities/grantmaking/astrazeneca-young-health-fund