The Stiftung Artenschutz Funding Programme is offering grants for the conservation of highly threatened animal species, especially those that have been lacking resources and interest, as well as the protection and restoration of their habitats.
The two funding schemes include a special grant for the conservation of amphibians, the “Amphibian Conservation Fund”, and a Small Grants Programme open for all animal species and conservation activities.
- The Amphibian Conservation Fund supports a range of activities including direct amphibian conservation and research projects, conservation breeding and reintroduction, capacity building, training and capacity building, habitat restoration, and education and awareness activities.
- This Small Grants programme supports a range of activities including direct amphibian conservation and applied research projects, conservation breeding and reintroduction, capacity building, training and capacity building, habitat restoration, and education and awareness activities.
- The requested funding amount should not exceed 5.000 EUR. The decision committee reserves the right to approve proportional funding.
- Project duration should not exceed 12 months. Thus, funding has to be spent within 12 months from the planned project start. Exceptions should be requested before the application is sent and may be granted in specific cases.
Activities eligible for funding, e.g.:
- Direct conservation measures
- Nature and species conservation management
- Habitat protection measures
- Scientific research with direct conservation relevance
- Local capacity building, education components and public awareness activities in relation to the aforementioned activities
- Monitoring and evaluation within the project’s context
- Anyone can apply for a grant. Applications should the submitted in German or English language.
- Multiple applications are permitted.
- Generally, the targeted species of the grants are threatened species of the categories Critically Endangered, Endangered und Vulnerable on the IUCN Red List. Other categories are acceptable if there is a demonstrable reason for concern or if surveys are necessary to clarify the conservation status of Data Deficient or Not Evaluated species.
- Projects for that the financial contribution of this Small Grant is negligible in respect to the project’s conservation relevance.
- Projects in the US, Canada, New Zealand and Australia.
- Projects where a negative effect on the local or indigenous communities are likely.
For more information, visit Stiftung Artenschutz.