Deadline: 30 September 2020
Would you like to help create a better life for everyone in a connected world? Do you have ideas on how the Internet of Things (IoT) can be used in public sector to achieve a high quality of life for all people in Sweden? Can your ideas contribute to radical innovations and changes at the system level? If yes, then your organization can apply for funding in this call to increase the Swedish public sector conditions and ability to use IoT for social benefit.
IoT Sweden is part of Vinnova’s, the Swedish Energy Agency and Formas’ joint investment in strategic innovation areas. The purpose of the investment in strategic Innovation areas are creating the conditions for international competitiveness and sustainable solutions to global societal challenges.
This call is looking for projects with ideas on how the Internet of Things (IoT) can be used in the public sector to achieve a higher quality of life for people in Sweden.
The purpose of the call is to improve the conditions for and the ability of the public sector to use IoT.
- Preparation project: maximum SEK 300,000.
- Prototype development project: maximum SEK 2,000,000.
- Projects towards impementation: maximum 5,000,000 SEK in grant per project At least 50 percent self-financing is required. The call budget is SEK 34 million.
What is the offer about?
- With this the offer, they want to increase the public sector’s ability and ability to use the Internet of Things (IoT) to contribute to these objectives:
- A more needs-adapted and inclusive society for everyone
- A more cost-effective, qualitative and sustainable welfare
- Increased innovative capacity, growth and global competitiveness
- They particularly encourage innovation projects in these areas:
Types of Projects
- Preparatory projects aim to encourage public bodies to get started with IoT. Expected results can range from strategies and action plans, to tests and proof-of-concept on IoT solutions. The maximum grant they can give is 300 000 SEK and projects may not last longer than 10 months.
- Prototype development projects aim to test IoT ideas in the public sector. Expected results may be new solutions and prototypes, but also new processes, business models, and so on for IoT solutions. The maximum grant they can give is 2 million SEK and projects may not last longer than 24 months.
- Implementation projects aim to scale up IoT solutions in the public sector. Expected results may be adaptation or further development of own or others’ prototypes, large-scale testing, or documentation for procurement and implementation. The maximum grant they can give is 5 million SEK and projects may not last longer than 24 months.
- Public actors in collaboration with companies, civil society, academia, institutes and innovation players. For a preparatory project, there is enough of a public actor, but collaboration with companies is encouraged.
- They encourage applicants from public actors in collaboration with companies, civil society, academia, institutes and innovation players. For a preparatory project, one public actor is required, but they encourage collaboration with companies.
For more information, visit https://www.vinnova.se/en/calls-for-proposals/strategiska-innovationsprogrammet-for-sakernas-internet/sip-iot-utlysning-internet-of-things-spring-2020/