Deadline: 30 April 2020
Australia’s development assistance program in Cambodia aims to contribute to greater prosperity, stability and resilience in Cambodia and the broader Indo-Pacific region.
Australia Awards scholarships are prestigious international awards offered by the Australian Government to the next generation of local, national and global leaders. Through study and research, recipients develop the skills and
knowledge to drive change and help build enduring people-to-people links with Australia.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Applicants will be assessed for their professional and personal qualities, academic competence and, most importantly, their potential to have an impact on development challenges in Cambodia.
Priority fields of Study
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
In recognition of the genuine development challenges across all sectors in Cambodia, applicants from all fields of study are encouraged to apply. Applicants should select courses that align with their experience and qualifications or provide a strong justification for courses that represent a shift in career focus or direction. Scholarships are not available for general management degrees, such as a Master of Business Administration.
Level of study
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Australia Awards scholarships are long-term awards providing Cambodians with the opportunity to obtain postgraduate qualifications at Masters Degree level.
Australia Awards Benefits
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
Australia Awards scholarships are offered for the minimum period necessary for the individual to complete the academic program specified by the Australian education institution, including any preparatory training. Scholarship recipients will receive the following:
- Return air travel;
- A one-off establishment allowance on arrival;
- Full tuition fees;
- Contribution to living expenses;
- Introductory academic program;
- Overseas student health cover for the duration of the scholarship;
- Supplementary academic support;
- Fieldwork allowance for research students and masters by coursework which has a compulsory fieldwork component.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
- Australia Awards scholarships are open to applicants from all sectors in Cambodia, including public sector agencies, academia and think tanks, civil society organisations, the media and the private sector.
- Applications are strongly encouraged from women, people with disability, and people living and working outside Phnom Penh. A support scheme is available to assist equal participation for these applicants.
- Australia Awards applicants must meet all eligibility requirements detailed in the Australia Awards Scholarships Policy Handbook.
In addition to these global eligibility requirements, applicants from Cambodia must also meet the following country specific conditions:
- Be a citizen of Cambodia, with no dual or additional citizenship;
- Have been resident in Cambodia for 24 months as at 30 April 2020 (i.e. the day applications close) other than for short absences related to employment, professional development or holidays;
- Have at least 24 months full-time (or part-time equivalent) work experience as at 30 April 2020 (i.e. the day applications close);
- Declare all previous study undertaken irrespective of whether it is complete or incomplete or undertaken within Cambodia or another country;
- Provide all of the required supporting documents.
Masters degree by coursework applicants must:
- Have English language proficiency of at least the following (with preference given to applicants with higher English language skills), at the time of application:
- IELTS result with an overall score of at least 5.5, with no band less than 5.0, or
- An internet-based TOEFL score of at least 69, or
- PTE Academic overall score of 42; and
- Obtain IELTS (or TOEFL) test results after 30 April 2019; an
- Satisfy the admission requirements of the selected university of study
- In most cases, the applicant must hold a Bachelor degree, or one considered equivalent to an Australian Bachelor degree; or
- In some exceptional circumstances, an applicant may be able to satisfy admission requirements without a bachelor degree. If this is the case, the applicant must provide a Letter of Offer (for study in 2021) for their first preferred course and university. This must be submitted as part of their Australia Awards scholarship application.
Masters degree by research and PhD applicants must:
- Have an English language proficiency of at least:
- An IELTS result with an overall score of at least 6.5, with no band less than 6.0, or
- An internet-based TOEFL score of at least 84, with a minimum of 21 in all subtests, or
- PTE Academic overall score of 58 with no communicative skill score less than 50
- For the purpose of this application, an IELTS (or TOEFL) test result must have been obtained after 30 April 2019; and
- Provide an Unconditional Letter of Offer from the withdrawn. The applicant will not progress to undertake their scholarship in Australia;
- Applicant is placed at an Australian university; and
- Applicant is issued with the relevant visa by the Australian Department of Home Affairs.
(Ad) Are you fed up of receiving non-relevant, non-useful and pointless funding alerts and updates in your email? Not anymore! With fundsforNGOs Premium, you can configure what type of funding updates you want to receive, select specific countries and areas of work and receive information only about them. Save your time by getting the most relevant and useful updates in your email. Learn more.
Applicants will be informed at each stage in the selection process if their application is not proceeding further. Applicants who are interviewed will be notified of the outcome shortly after the selection process concludes. Please note that Australia Awards scholarships are provisional until the following requirements are met:
- Applicant attains the minimum English language proficiency, irrespective of any lesser English language requirements of their chosen university. A failure to achieve the prescribed English language proficiency levels after completion of pre-departure English language training, will result in the applicant’s provisional Australia Awards scholarship being.
(Ad) How will you feel when you view grants for all countries around the world? fundsforNGOs Premium has a World Map of Grants that offers open and live grants for all the countries in one single view. Click on any country, and you can view the latest grants updated in real-time. Learn more.
Following confirmation of eligibility, applications will be shortlisted. The selection process will include an interview based on the principles of merit and equity. Applicants will be assessed against the following criteria:
- Academic competence;
- potential outcome, including contribution to development outcomes in Cambodia;
- professional and personal leadership attributes.
How to Apply
(Ad) There are so many NGO Jobs, but what about for my country and area of work? fundsforNGOs Premium has a "Jobs Database" where you can not only search jobs but also receive job alerts in your email based on your country (or countries) and areas of your profession. Learn more.
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
For more information, visit https://dfat.gov.au/about-us/publications/Pages/cambodia-information-for-intake.aspx
(Ad) Get Assured responses from our Customer Support Team. Premium Members get assured responses to their questions regarding fundraising and resource mobilisation in addition any technical problems you encounter when using the premium website. Learn more.