Deadline: 30 April 2020
To help build links with the next generation of talented Indian business and community leaders, the Australian Government has introduced a Masters-level Australia Awards Scholarship program for India.
These Awards are offered to exceptional Indian graduate students from specific high-performing institutions for study in priority fields of study at one of Australia’s world-class universities. For the 2021 academic year these are:
- Energy and Resources
- Security and Strategic Studies
Australia Awards scholarships are prestigious international awards offered by the Australian Government. Through coursework and engagement with Australian private and public sector institutions, recipients develop the skills and knowledge to drive change in their chosen field and help build enduring links with Australia.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Australia Awards scholarships are offered for the minimum period necessary for the individual to complete the academic program specified by the Australian education institution, including any preparatory training.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Scholarship recipients generally receive the following:
- return air travel
- a one-off establishment allowance on arrival
- full tuition fees
- contribution to living expenses
- introductory Academic Program
- overseas Student Health Cover for the duration of the Scholarship
- supplementary academic support
- reunion airfare (for unaccompanied scholars whose Scholarship period is two years or more)
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Students or recent graduates from target institutions in the ten Indian states identified by the India Economic Strategy will be eligible to apply. For scholarships commencing in 2021, these institutions are:
- Andhra University
- Banaras Hindu University
- Calcutta University
- Indian Institute of Science (Bengaluru)
- Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
- Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar
- Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad
- Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
- Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
- Indian Institute of Technology Madras
- Jadavpur University
- Jawaharlal Nehru University
- Manipal Academy of Higher Education
- National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli
- Savitribai Phule Pune University
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences (Mumbai)
- Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology
- University of Delhi
- University of Hyderabad
In addition to these basic eligibility requirements, candidates from India must also meet the following country-specific requirements:
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- be a recent graduate (2018 or later) of one of the target institutions; or be in the final year of a tertiary-level qualification (at least equivalent to an Australian Bachelor Degree) from one of the target institutions have achieved a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average of 7.5.
- have an endorsement letter from one of the target institutions/universities in India.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply online via given website.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
For more information, visit https://dfat.gov.au/about-us/publications/Pages/india-australia-awards-intake-information.aspx