Deadline: 17 April 2020
The GlobalGiving Accelerator is an opportunity for you and your organization to build skills, access tools, and grow your base of supporters to achieve crowdfunding success. When you graduate, your organization becomes a permanent member of GlobalGiving, and you’ll have access to all the tools, training, and one-on-one support available in the GlobalGiving community.
The GlobalGiving Accelerator is a virtual training program and crowdfunding campaign that will help you take your fundraising to the next level. Following an optional one-week training curriculum, you’ll be entered into an Accelerator campaign where you’ll raise at least $5,000 total from a minimum of 40 different donors in order to graduate and secure a permanent fundraising spot on the GlobalGiving platform.
Global Giving will provide $30,000+ in matching funding and bonus prizes for participating organizations.
Win Extra Funding from GlobalGiving!
GlobalGiving provides several opportunities for organizations to win Bonus prizes or matching funds during the Accelerator crowdfunding campaign.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Bonus Day: During the Accelerator, GlobalGiving will have one Bonus Day during which GlobalGiving will match online donations up to $1,000.
- Most Funds Raised Prizes: At the conclusion of the Accelerator campaign, the project with the most funds raised during the campaign will receive $3,000. The organization that raises the second highest amount will receive $2,000 and the organization with the third highest amount will receive $1,000.
- Most Unique Donors Prize: At the conclusion of the Accelerator, the project with the most unique donors during the campaign will receive an exclusive reward.
Training Topics Include:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Crowdfunding 101;
- Mapping your potential donor network;
- Storytelling and email appeals; and
- Creating SMART goals.
Benefits for Graduates
Organizations that successfully complete the GlobalGiving Accelerator by raising at least $5,000 total from a minimum 40 different donors will earn:
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- Permanent membership in the GlobalGiving community, including ongoing opportunities to attract new corporate and individual donors;
- Inclusion in a GlobalGiving press release announcing the Accelerator graduates;
- A custom media kit to help promote your accomplishment;
- A certificate of completion from GlobalGiving;
- Additional promotional opportunities, including through GlobalGiving’s social media or homepage, for top-performers.
- Any registered nonprofit (anywhere in the world!) is eligible to apply;
- GlobalGiving ’ll support you as you reach out to your own networks, and tell your story in new and compelling ways;
- Donors can give in USD or GBP, helping you reach your supporters in the US, the UK, and beyond. Global Giving’ll also provide matching incentives for your donors, and bonus prizes for the most successful participants.
Note: Organizations participating in the Accelerator can only post one project on the GlobalGiving platform during the Accelerator. This way you can focus your fundraising efforts on that one project to ensure you reach the $5,000 from 40 unique donor goal! If your organization graduates from the Accelerator (by reaching the goal of raising $5,000 USD from 40 unique donors), you can post as many projects as you would like.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
How to Apply
Applications must be submited online via given website.
For more information, visit https://www.globalgiving.org/accelerator/