Deadline: 7 February 2020
The Honnold Foundation is accepting grant applications for its Spring 2020 Grant Cycle to provide unrestricted grant funding to organizations or projects that use solar energy to increase social and economic equity and reduce environmental impact.
The Honnold Foundation envisions a world where all people have equal access to opportunity and live in balance with the environment. They believe in solar as a proven, environmentally sound solution to global energy poverty, and they award grants to bold and ethical organizations driving innovation in the solar industry.
Funding Information and Criteria
- Grant awards are typically no larger than US$100,000.
- ALL applicants must meet the below criteria to be eligible for funding:
- The project/organization focuses on solar energy
- The project/organization has the capacity to build solar infrastructure OR has a partner that has the capacity to build solar infrastructure
- The project/organization serves underserved/marginalized communities
- The project/organization reduces social or economic inequity
- The project/organization reduces environmental impact
- The organization is community-based and/or has a clear community connection
- Organizations must have 501(c)3 status or equivalent status within their country of operation
- Both domestic and international organizations may apply.
- Applicants seeking US$10,000 or less AND serving communities in Utah are eligible for the Utah Community Grants Program.
- Round 1: Organization and Project Summary — an explanation of your work and your funding proposal. No budget or detailed description is required for this round.
- Round 2: Full application — eligible applicants will be invited to complete the full application following staff review of the Organization and Project Summary.
- Grant awards will be announced in April 2020.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
If you are unable to complete an application in online portal due to limited internet connectivity or other concerns, you may request a paper application.
To do so, please send an email at the address given on the website, with the subject line “Cycle 1: Paper application request”.
For more information, visit https://www.honnoldfoundation.org/apply