Deadline: 12 June 2020
Miss Geek Africa is an entrepreneurship competition that originated as Miss Geek Rwanda in 2014 but was renamed Miss Geek Africa in 2017 and has expanded to 22 countries in Africa. Girls and women between the ages of 13 and 21 years submit apps that solve problems through technological innovations. The top three competitors receive cash prizes and business training, and the winner also receives financial backing.
The competition is aimed at inspiring more girls into taking up Science, Technology, Engineering and Math education and careers to meaningfully contribute to solving the continent’s challenges using technology.
Top 10 finalists undergo a weeklong intensive training program to equip them with presentation, public speaking and critical thinking skills to prepare them for competition day. Ms. Geek Africa is selected by a panel of judges and receives exciting prizes including a cash prize, IT devices, a trip to an international technology conference, among others. All expenses are covered for all selected finalists.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The experience provides all finalists opportunity to compete and collaborate among peers as well as participate in the summit where they interact with industry leaders and their governments.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Accompanying prizes include:
- Cash prize for the best five (5) submissions,
- A laptop for each final ten shortlisted,
- A trip to an International Technology Conference in 2021
- Free one-year Internet Connection for the best five (5) submitters
- Sponsored attachment for the best three (3) at a technology innovation hub closest to submitters to fine tune and actualize their concepts
- All travel and accommodation expenses will be covered for the shortlisted ten finalists.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Female between ages of 13 and 21 years old
- Citizen of Ghana
- Contestants must be available for selection and training
The application must include the following:
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- Description of the problem you want to solve
- How you will solve it
- A conceptual design
- what technologies you are using/need to develop the concept
- The population group it will positively affect
- How content will be generated, and shared.
- In developing the concept note, applicants must consider how many Ghanaians and or Africans have limited access to internet/smart devices.
- A graphical presentation to accompany your concept note, demonstrating how the solution will work and an example of its user interface.
For more information, visit http://moc.gov.gh/ms-geek-ghana-2020-call-application