Deadline: 30 August 2019
The U.S. Mission to Canada Public Affairs Section (PAS) is pleased to announce that funding is available through the Public Affairs Grants program to support activities that promote U.S.-Canada bilateral relations in the following four priority areas:
- Increase entrepreneurship and community prosperity, and support professional and educational exchanges, especially among youth and underserved communities;
- Enhance civil society’s ability to respond to transnational crime, natural disasters, terrorist threats and public health challenges;
- Enhance bilateral partnerships in promotion of rule of law assistance and cooperation in the Americas and beyond; and
- Promote cultural and civic exchanges and enhance understanding of our shared values, traditions and history; promote North American institutional and/or community linkages.
The goal of these grants is to enhance relations between Canadian and U.S. organizations and people in the priority areas described, and/or to inform Canadian audiences about the United States, its culture, society, government, legal, economic and political systems, and values. To further these goals, grant proposals must include a specific focus on American content, which can include speakers who are experts in U.S. policy, academia, culture, and economics; the use of U.S. training models or materials; exchanges with U.S. institutions; or promotion of U.S. culture and art.
- Award Ceiling: U.S. $20,000.00
- Award Floor: U.S. $3,000.00
- The U.S. Mission to Canada encourages applications from all sectors in Canada, as well as U.S. not-for-profit organizations that have partners in Canada, and registered Canadian organizations: civil society organizations, local representatives of civil society, think tanks, non-governmental organizations, and academic institutions.
- To be eligible for a grant award, in addition to other conditions of this request for applications, organizations must have a commitment to non-discrimination with respect to beneficiaries and adherence to equal opportunity employment practices. Non-discrimination includes equal treatment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or political affiliation. Commercial firms are ineligible to receive funding through this award mechanism.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted electronically via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://bit.ly/2qs5h7H