Deadline: 6 December 2019
Through the AFCP Program, the Department of State supports projects to preserve cultural heritage in the following three areas:
- CULTURAL SITES: such as, but not limited to, historic buildings and archaeological sites;
- CULTURAL OBJECTS AND COLLECTIONS: from a museum, site, or similar institution—that include, but are not limited to, archaeological and ethnographic objects, paintings, sculptures, manuscripts, and general museum conservation needs; and
- FORMS OF TRADITIONAL CULTURAL EXPRESSION: such as traditional music, indigenous languages, and crafts.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Applications for projects that directly support one or more of the following will receive additional consideration in FY 2020:
- U.S. treaty or bilateral agreement obligations, such as cultural property agreements;
- Disaster risk reduction for cultural heritage in disaster-prone areas;
- Post-disaster cultural heritage recovery;
- Preservation of inscribed World Heritage Sites; and
- Partner connect with or feed into other ECA programs.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Floor on Amount of Individual Awards: U.S. $10,000 per project
- Ceiling on Amount of Individual Awards: U.S. $200,000 per project
- The Cultural Heritage Center defines eligible project applicants as reputable and accountable non-commercial entities, such as non-governmental organizations, museums, ministries of culture, or similar institutions and organizations, including U.S.-based organizations subject to Section 501(c)(3) of the tax code, that are registered and active in SAM.gov and able to demonstrate requisite experience and capacity to manage projects to preserve cultural heritage.
- AFCP does not award grants to individuals, commercial entities, embassies or past award recipients which have not fulfilled reporting requirements of previous AFCP awards.
For more information, visit https://bd.usembassy.gov/notice-of-funding-opportunity-nofo-afcp-small-grant-program-fy-2020/
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.