Deadline: 24 May 2019
The British Embassy Programme Fund (BEF) is a fund to support programme activity in line with the UK government’s foreign policy objectives in Turkey during financial year (FY) 2019/20.
All projects submitted must directly support at least one of the following priorities of the British Embassy Programme Fund:
- Freedom of expression and of the media.
- Inclusive governance, including diversity, youth engagement, democracy and human rights.
- Gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls.
- Peace and security, with a special focus on political dialogue and inclusive debate.
Freedom of expression and of the media will be a key priority area for this year’s programme, however, proposals will be considered for all the above-mentioned priorities.
The funding will be in the local currency (Turkish Lira – ₺). The BEF funds projects between 75.000 ₺ and 150.000 ₺.
The BEF project bids are shortlisted and approved by the British Embassy’s Post Programme Board. To apply for funding, interested organisations must submit a project proposal and activity-based budget form to the Embassy’s Project Section. This will provide the basic information required to enable the Post Programme Board to make an assessment on whether or not the proposal will be short listed. All British Embassy Programme Fund projects must clearly demonstrate how they:
- Support the above priorities
- Deliver value for money (VfM)
- Meet OECD criteria for Official Development Assistance (ODA) funding
- Aim to complete 85% ODA spend before the end of December 2019
Bids will be assessed against the following criteria:
- Alignment with the above mentioned thematic priorities and outcomes
- Outcomes are achievable within the funding period
- Project design includes clear monitoring and evaluation procedures
- Sustainability demonstrating that project benefits continue after the funding ends
- Risk and financial accountability procedures
- The organisation’s safeguarding policies that ensure protection of beneficiaries
- Overall value for money
How to Apply
Proposals must be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://www.gov.uk/guidance/british-embassy-programme-fund-turkey