Deadline: 24 May 2019
The British Embassy Programme Fund (BEF) is a fund to support programme activity in line with the UK government’s foreign policy objectives in Turkey during financial year (FY) 2019/20.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
All projects submitted must directly support at least one of the following priorities of the British Embassy Programme Fund:
- Freedom of expression and of the media.
- Inclusive governance, including diversity, youth engagement, democracy and human rights.
- Gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls.
- Peace and security, with a special focus on political dialogue and inclusive debate.
Freedom of expression and of the media will be a key priority area for this year’s programme, however, proposals will be considered for all the above-mentioned priorities.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
The funding will be in the local currency (Turkish Lira – ₺). The BEF funds projects between 75.000 ₺ and 150.000 ₺.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
The BEF project bids are shortlisted and approved by the British Embassy’s Post Programme Board. To apply for funding, interested organisations must submit a project proposal and activity-based budget form to the Embassy’s Project Section. This will provide the basic information required to enable the Post Programme Board to make an assessment on whether or not the proposal will be short listed. All British Embassy Programme Fund projects must clearly demonstrate how they:
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- Support the above priorities
- Deliver value for money (VfM)
- Meet OECD criteria for Official Development Assistance (ODA) funding
- Aim to complete 85% ODA spend before the end of December 2019
Bids will be assessed against the following criteria:
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
- Alignment with the above mentioned thematic priorities and outcomes
- Outcomes are achievable within the funding period
- Project design includes clear monitoring and evaluation procedures
- Sustainability demonstrating that project benefits continue after the funding ends
- Risk and financial accountability procedures
- The organisation’s safeguarding policies that ensure protection of beneficiaries
- Overall value for money
How to Apply
Proposals must be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://www.gov.uk/guidance/british-embassy-programme-fund-turkey