Deadline: 31 December 2019
Have you identified an emerging threat impacting local civic space? Do you see an unexpected opportunity to show solidarity towards and between (a) Voice target group(s)? Have circumstances changed where a new policy or law recognising the rights of Voice target groups needs that extra push? Is there a consensus among a consortium/ civil society network for joint strategic action? If you answered yes to the questions above, then apply for the Philippines Sudden Opportunity Grant!
Sudden opportunities can vary greatly, depending on the situation. They can, however, be described through the common elements they share.
- These are unexpected moments, which happen without any warning. They could be a policy direction change for the government, a shift in public opinion, or a new court ruling with deep policy implications.
- Collective Action:
- These unexpected moments require collective action. They require a response not just from one group but from several organizations such as a coalition, a consortium, or a network.
- These unexpected moments require immediate action. They temporarily create the right set of circumstances for making a change possible. The moment will eventually pass and the opportunity to make a change is lost.
- Impact on Target Groups:
- These unexpected moments have to greatly impact at two or more of Voice target groups. They need to be involved in the collective action being proposed.
- Philippine-based: the action has to be at national or local level only.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Voice accepts proposals spanning 6 months to a maximum of 1 year, ranging from €5,000 to €200,000 (approx. ₱265,000 to ₱10,600,000).
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Age-discriminated vulnerable groups, notably the young and the elderly
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people
- People living with disabilities
- Women facing exploitation, abuse and/or violence
- The organisation, or lead applicant in the case of a consortium, is a locally registered Filipino organisation with a bank account in its own name.
- Applicant/co-applicant(s) (where the application is by a consortium) recognise the core values of Voice being the equal rights for every human being regardless of gender, ethnicity, religious belief, disability, sexual orientation, social class and age.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Take the eligibility test available on the website.
- If applicants have passed the eligibility test, they need to send an email at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Philippines
For more information, please visit https://voice.global/call-for-proposal/aksyon-ngayon-philippines-sudden-opportunity-grant-v-19101-ph-so/
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.