Deadline: 26 April 2020
The U.S. Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City Public Affairs Section (PAS) has announced available funding for the American Center Ho Chi Minh City’s Technology Club.
Through this funding opportunity, the U.S. Consulate General aims to provide American Center patrons high quality opportunities to learn and experience the new Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) programs. Projects should indicate the level of the program (a) beginners with little to no coding knowledge, (b) for medium STEM knowledge, (c) for advanced STEM professionals.
Proposals that focus on one or more of the priority STEM programs and target audiences specified below will receive funding. They will not consider funding proposals for students under age 15:
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Robotics Club: Courses aimed at high-schoolers and college students to learn about robotics concepts and STEM fields. Classes should be scheduled at a regular basis and captured with capstone project to evaluate the impact.
- Coding and Programming Club: Courses aimed at students and young professionals on coding and programming languages.
- STEM literacy: Courses aimed at high school and college students who have zero knowledge o of STEM applications in data science, computer science and Internet of Things (IoT) in order to help participants widen their choices of higher education and STEM-related career opportunities.
- Digital Innovation: Courses aimed at high school and college students to learn about Artificial Intelligence (AI), Business Intelligence (BI), Big Data/Analytics, 3D Assembly Modelling, and Internet of Things (IoT).
- Makerspace: Courses implemented at the American Center’s Makerspace to nurture high school students’ STEM curiosity at an early age to enhance creativity, innovation, and problem solving skills.
- STEM and Business: Courses aimed for participants currently working in STEM-related business to introduce fundamentals of enterprise development, supply chain, and marketing practices that are essential to creating STEM startups. The program will help build a network and ongoing mentorship opportunities for students and young professionals in practicing STEM and entrepreneurial processes.
- Video Production Club: Developing production of short videos on topics related to fundamental freedoms, trade, economy, investment, environment, health, energy, and wildlife.
- Audio-Visual Club: Courses on the functional basics of audio-visual technology to include sound systems, film, 3D-printing, photography, editing, and design basics.
- Photography/Graphics Design Club: Courses designed to teach basic photography skills, photojournalism, photo editing, and graphic design for social media.
Award Amount will vary between $1,000 and $15,000.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Duration should be a minimum of six months and a maximum of one year. Successful projects will be eligible for renewal.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
The target audiences for successful projects are Vietnamese students and young professionals ages 18-35.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- Submissions are encouraged from U.S. and Vietnam entities with relevant programming experience. This experience should be documented in the proposal. Eligible entities include:
- For-profit entities are not allowed to apply. Previous federal award recipients who are not/were not in compliance with the terms of their financial and program reporting requirements are ineligible to apply. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure they are in compliance with all applicable terms, conditions, and Office of Management and Budget guidance and requirements. Those organizations found to be in non-compliance may be found ineligible for funding or designated high risk if selected for funding.
For more information, visit https://vn.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/40/SVM700-20-PAS-006-NOFO-Technology-Club.pdf
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.