Deadline: 31 January 2020
The Public Affairs Section of the Embassy of the United States in Panama has announced an open competition for organizations to submit funding applications for a project to facilitate the development of local Panamanian and regional think tanks, business consortiums, and policy-research institutes through training and engagement with U.S. counterparts.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
- This project advances the U.S. interest in making Panamanian institutions more resilient, transparent, and democratic through the engagement of a strong civil society. The project will build the capacity of local whistleblowing, watchdog, and policy-guidance organizations in Panama and help to counter misinformation and promote good governance. The project will also promote greater cooperation and coordination between the U.S. and Panama on a range of important policy issues through the expansion of contact networks and the exchange of information and ideas.
This project will facilitate the development of local Panamanian and regional think tanks, policy-research institutes and business consortiums through training and engagement with U.S. counterparts. The project will consist of forums, seminars, workshops, or other activities that bring together representatives primarily from U.S. and Panamanian organizations that focus on policy guidance, monitoring, or research. Activities should include capacity-building for organizations that promote transparency and accountability as well as the sharing of technical and regulatory expertise particularly on oversight of agreements involving international partners.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
In addition to U.S. think tank expertise, the project may include collaboration with other countries in the region to share knowledge and best practices.
Grant funding should be used for any and all expenses for the program, including but not limited to event and travel costs.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Estimated Total Program Funding: $60,000
- Award Ceiling: $60,000
- Award Floor: $50,000
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- The following organizations are eligible to apply:
- Registered Not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks and civil society/nongovernmental organizations
- Universities and educational institutions
- Governmental institutions.
- For-profit or commercial entities are not eligible to apply
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=322879