Deadline: 6 December 2019
Applications are invited to apply for The WWF Nedbank Green Trust to fund innovative projects to help solve some of the greatest socio-environmental challenges in South Africa.
The WWF Nedbank Green Trust was founded in 1990 by Nedbank and WWF South Africa. From the early days of conserving sea turtles and Kalahari lions to the more recent focus on climate change, water conservation and environmental leadership initiatives, the WWF Nedbank Green Trust has been there, providing support to environmental projects.
The objectives of the Trust are:
- To maintain and enhance the integrity of South Africa’s ecological assets.
- To promote that ecological systems and their services underpin the social and economic wellbeing of South Africa.
- And to address the risks and opportunities posed by climate change by providing funding for innovative environmental conservation solutions through a diversified portfolio of projects with geographic, thematic and multi-organisational representation.
- Mainly South Africa
- Strong focus on environmental outcomes relevant to the wellbeing of people
What is the trust looking for?
- Is the project catalytic and can it be scaled up to national execution (future funding, will have a custodian, has a good outcome that is a great product that will scale up)?
- If the project goes to scale, will it contribute significantly to achieving the environmental outcomes?
- Are people intrinsic in the value proposition of the project? Is it valuable, unique, innovative and transferable? Can or will this project be adopted by others to scale up?
- Does the project fit with the Trust’s environmental outcomes strategy? To ensure synergy the Trust strongly recommends a close working relationship with the WWF SA programme managers in the development of projects before they are submitted in order to increase the chances of their approval.
How to Apply
Applicants can download the Project Concept Submission Form via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.wwf.org.za/wwf_nedbank_gt_funding.cfm