Deadline: 1 April 2020
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
These grants aim to create opportunities for alumni to work together on a shared vision of a brighter future for Vietnam and the U.S.-Vietnam relationship by addressing shared concerns. Alumni can submit proposals as individuals or under the auspices of a non-profit organization in which alumni are working.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Proposals must explicitly address one or more of the priority objectives listed below:
- Economic Prosperity: improved opportunities for U.S. businesses, labor standards, developing soft skills to work with U.S. businesses, reducing the bilateral trade deficit, intellectual property rights, promotion of U.S. products, or U.S. business values.
- Security: rule of law, combating transnational crime, combating trafficking in persons, improving relations with the Vietnamese diaspora community.
- Education: English teaching, improving teaching methods, curriculum development, modernizing education systems, Science, Technology, Engineering & Math (STEM).
- Inclusiveness: women’s rights and empowerment, access and legal reform for disabled persons, LGBT rights, ethnic/religious minorities’ rights, civil society development.
- Fundamental Freedoms: freedom of expression, press, association, religion.
- Sustainable Development: Lower Mekong Initiative, environmental standards, climate mitigation and adaptation.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Estimated Total Program Funding: $20,000
- Award Ceiling: $10,000
- Award Floor: $1,000
The target audience for successful projects is 15-40 years old.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Activities will only be funded in the provinces south of and including Thua Thien Hue. Priority given to projects in Ho Chi Minh City, Central Coastal Vietnam, and the Mekong Delta.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
Eligible teams must include at least three alumni members who have participated in one of the following U.S. Government-sponsored programs, including (but not limited to):
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.
- Fulbright Program (including Fulbright Economics Teaching Program – FETP)
- Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program
- International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP)
- International Visitor Program on Demand (former Voluntary Visitor Program)
- Programs under the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), e.g.: ASEAN Youth Volunteer Program (AYVP); the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), e.g.: Borlaug
- Eisenhower Fellowship Program
- Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (UGRAD)
- Studies of the U.S. Institute (SUSI)
- English Language Programs (English Access Micro-scholarships, AE-Teachers, BruneiU.S. Partnership, Access Teacher Exchange Program)
- Teacher Excellence Awards (TEA)
- Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative (YSEALI) programs (Professional and Academic Fellows, regional exchanges, YSEALI Summer School)
- Southeast Asia Youth Leadership Program (SEAYLP)
Selection Criteria and Review Process
- Priority will be given to projects that have:
- Relevance to the themes noted above
- Number of alumni from different programs or an alumni thematic group (alumni working in a common field)
- The greatest geographic and/or demographic reach
- Demonstrated impact and monitoring plan
- Relevant expertise
- Level of cost-sharing (any cost shared by alumni instead of being requested from the Consulate, e.g.: venue rental, voluntary contribution of time, travel, accommodation, coordination, etc.)
- Implementation in underserved locations
- Grant funds can be used to:
- Initiate activities for an alumni-run group
- Initiate a public or community service program
- Launch a pilot program at a non-governmental organization or academic institution
- Organize training programs or workshops for professional colleagues and/or other alumni
- Develop and publish curricula, textbooks, or related reference or educational materials
- Conduct alumni networking events
- Conduct community development projects judged by the grants selection committee to be in the interest of the above program goals
- Award only a reasonable amount of honorarium to trainers
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=322015