The Bureau of South and Central Asian Affairs of the U.S. Department of State announces an open competition for organizations to submit applications to carry out a program to support women-owned small and medium enterprises (SMEs) by providing emerging businesses from marginalized communities the tools and training they need to build their concepts into sustainable, profitable enterprises, and including how they can connect to the digital economy.
SCA seeks to support women business leaders from less privileged and/or rural backgrounds, including survivors of sexual and gender-based violence, to maintain a viable and successful business, which will ultimately improve the economic well-being of their families and communities.
The project aims to build upon ongoing USG efforts to promote innovation and entrepreneurship among disadvantaged communities. A secondary goal is to assist these women in overcoming both the social and technical challenges of growing their business by taking their business online and by increasing their opportunities for success through broader community education and awareness building.
- Provide emerging business leaders from marginalized communities the tools, mentorship, and business development needed to build their concepts into sustainable businesses.
- Connect rural entrepreneurs to urban business development resources for long-term sustainability in economically depressed regions of the country.
- Support SMEs in launching or expanding their digital platforms to enable better connections with consumers in both domestic and foreign markets.
- Length of performance period: 36 months
- Number of awards anticipated: One (1)
- Award amounts: $987,500
- Total available funding: $987,500
- Type of Funding: FY20 Economic Support Funds under the Foreign Assistance Act
- Anticipated program start date: September 2021
- This notice is subject to availability of funding
- The following organizations are eligible to apply:
- Not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks and civil society/non-governmental organizations both domestic and overseas
- Public and private educational institutions
- For-profit organizations
- Public International Organizations and Governmental institutions
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=333222