Deadline: 30 October 2019
Canada Council for the Arts is accepting applications for its Sector Innovation and Development component of Supporting Artistic Practice that funds Canadian groups, organizations and cultural connectors for projects targeted towards growing and improving the arts sector.
Grants encourage initiatives that strengthen and develop support for Canadian artists.
Individuals who are Deaf or who have disabilities, including those living with mental illness, and require accommodation at any stage of the application process may be eligible for additional assistance.
Project requests Up to $100 000.
- Support towards the planning, development and/or implementation of projects that strengthen the arts sector, including but not limited to:
- representation or management services for a stable roster of 3 or more Canadian artists, groups or organizations
- production, management and platform services for a number of Canadian artists, groups or organizations
- publishing critical and interpretive magazines that support 1 or more artistic practice
- developing new approaches to organizational models and management practices
- opportunities for shared learning and networking, resource exchange or other forms of collaboration (including mentorship programs)
- organizing conferences, symposia and workshops
- sector research
- implementing and adapting to new technologies
- organizations not presently receiving core funding and that have been validated as belonging to a designated priority group can apply for organizational capacity-building projects. The designated priority groups include applicants from culturally diverse, Deaf and disability, official language minority, and Indigenous communities.
Types of potential applicants to this component include:
- cultural connectors
- artistic groups and collectives
- architectural groups and collectives
- artistic organizations
- national arts service organizations
- support groups, organizations and shared platforms
- festivals, presenters and touring networks
- book and magazine publishers
- agencies and management service organizations
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit https://canadacouncil.ca/funding/grants/supporting-artistic-practice/sector-innovation-and-development