Deadline: 6 March 2020
The SADC Innovation and Investment Challenge supports the design of innovative technological solutions that promote use and access to financial services in the region.
The SADC Innovation Challenge provides you with support from mentors and sector experts, through a series of a series of webinars and design bootcamps. Country winners will be awarded cash prizes and incubation support, as well as sponsorship to participate in the Grand Finale.
Developing solutions for:
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- SMME Financing
- Women and Savings
- Digital Financial Identity
- Access to Basic Services
- The challenge will be implemented over a 16-week period, with 8-10 teams selected per country. Three winners will be selected from each country, one for each thematic challenge, to participate in the Grand Finale to be held in in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania.
- You can expect to develop your data science and entrepreneurial skills through a series of webinars and bootcamps, including a free online course in design thinking from IBM Digital – Nation Africa.
- Successful applicants will receive support and mentorship through a dedicated Slack channel.
What will the SADC Innonvation Challenge Achieve?
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Identify and surface:
- Identify and surface early stage innovations that are relevant to financial inclusion within the 4 thematic areas: SMME Financing, Digital Financial Identity, Women and Savings, and Access to Basic Services.
- Skills development:
- Skills development through webinars, online courses and bootcamps.
- Regional data innovation:
- Support data driven innovation in the region.
- Collaborate and network with ecosystem role-players from across the region
The solutions developed by the winners of the SADC Innovation Challenge will receive incubation towards further development, commercialization and operationalisation.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Young innovators from Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, South Africa , Tanzania, Zambia are invited to apply. Participants are tasked with developing innovations that address four key challenges that represent practical community problems, leveraging data and data analytics to design scalable solutions.
Apply if you are:
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- 18-35 years old;
- A resident of South Africa, Tanzania, Malawi, Lesotho, Zambia, Mozambique and Botswana;
- Passionate about tech and innovation.
How to Apply
Applicants can register online via given website.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
For more information, visit http://sadcinnovation.org/index.html