Deadline: 10 June 2019
The Community Engagement Office (CEO), of the Public Affairs Section (PAS) of the U.S. Embassy in Islamabad of the U.S. Department of State (hereinafter known as “CEO”) is pleased to announce an open competition for assistance awards, contingent on funding availability, through the Public Diplomacy Grants Program.
The purpose of this project is to provide logistical support for a series of up to four (4) three (3)-day Tech Camps that will connect civil society actors and other public influencers with subject matter experts and technologists with the aim to enhance their digital media skills and strategies and to expand their organization’s capabilities. The Tech Camps will build deeper understanding among the participants of the role technology can play in real-world challenges of P/CVE and create a network of practice. The CEO and IIP will identify participants, experts and content for the Tech Camps.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Applicants should submit a proposal that describes how each of the following responsibilities will be carried out or administered:
- Organize and manage all logistics, which includes securing and booking an appropriate venue with adequate meeting space, ensuring sufficient Wi-Fi connectivity and other technological and equipment requirements at the Tech Camp venue;
- Arrange all travel and transportation for participants and trainers including airport transfers and domestic travel in the country of origin and ensure timely delivery of tickets;
- Arrange lodging for all participants and trainers;
- Provide guidance to all participants and trainers on any documents and visa requirements necessary to facilitate their travel to the Tech Camp location;
- Provide on-site support and troubleshooting during the three-day events;
- Assist CEO and IIP in recruitment and selection of up to ten (10) expert trainers;
- Coordinate graphic production of Tech Camp-branded materials, including certificates, banners, name tags and support materials; put together and distribute a welcome packet for each participant;
- Collaborate with CEO to establish a “knowledge baseline” of participants at the beginning of the project and measure progress at the conclusion;
- Create and maintain an information sharing platform for content-related Tech Camp materials, results, presentations, videos, etc., to be shared with all participants, trainers, and other relevant audiences designated by the CEO and IIP;
- Regularly monitor and evaluate to ensure that the Tech Camp is implemented in accordance with official grant documents and criteria and address challenges quickly when needed;
- Submit timely written and financial reports according to the schedule outlined in official documents and when requested by the CEO;
- Track and document the entire process, e.g. budget quotes, official documents, disbursements, reports and receipts;
- Maintain a financial and data management system related to this Cooperative Agreement.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Participants: up to twenty five (25) representatives and social media managers of civil society organization and/or public influencers working on P/CVE and related issues across Pakistan per each tech camp. These participants will be identified by the CEO.
- Up to four (4) Tech Camps of three (3) days duration to be held in provincial capital cities of Pakistan.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Estimated Total Program Funding: $200,000
- Award Ceiling: $200,000
- Award Floor: $100,000
- Submissions are encouraged from U.S. and Pakistani registered not-for-profit, civil society/nongovernmental organizations, for-profit organizations, and educational institutions with relevant programming experience. Any relevant experience should be documented in the organization’s proposal.
- Organizations must provide proof of registration and non-profit status with their proposal application. U.S.-based organizations should submit a copy of their IRS determination letter. Pakistan-based organizations should submit a copy of their certificate of registration from the appropriate government organization.
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=314798
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.