Deadline: 31 March 2017
The U.S. Embassy, Public Affairs Section in Bangkok is soliciting proposals from eligible organizations for its “Promoting Peace and Dialogue with Technology” Technology Camp (TechCamp) with an aim to bring together youth leaders, civil society activists, religious leaders and journalists in order to increase their organizational capacities and develop technological solutions for promoting peace and constructive dialogue to counter violent extremism and online radicalization.
The main objectives of the TechCamp are to:
- Provide digital literacy to youth and civil society organizations, faith leaders, media and law enforcement agencies and equip them with tools to develop joint solutions for peace.
- To help local leaders promote counter-narratives of peace and tolerance, focusing on interreligious dialogue and promoting cross-cultural understanding.
- Improve digital literacy and communications capacity, and strengthen their abilities to defend civil society interests.
- To help build a network of young leaders across South East Asia who can share best practices for further digital and traditional outreach.
- Minimum (“Floor”) Award Amount: $85,000.00
- Maximum (“Ceiling”) Award Amount: $100,000.00
- Eligibility is open to all non-profit, non-governmental organizations or social enterprises. Individuals are not eligible for an award under this Request for Proposal (RFP). Organizations may sub-contract with other entities, but only one, non-profit, non-governmental entity can be the prime recipient of the award. When sub-contracting with other entities, the responsibilities of each entity must be clearly defined in the proposal.
- Cost sharing or Matching is not required for this funding opportunity.
- This award does not allow for construction activities or costs.
- U.S. Embassy Bangkok grants cannot be used to fund religious or partisan political activity; fundraising campaigns; commercial projects; scientific research; projects whose primary aim is the institutional development of the organization, or illegal activities.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
Eligible Country: Thailand
For more information, please visit Grants.gov.