The Comox Valley Community Foundation is seeking applications for its Community Enrichment Grants program that builds a vibrant, caring community for all in the Comox Valley.
- Basic, critical, or essential needs specifically related to the impacts of the continuing COVID-19 pandemic (e.g. food, shelter, access to care for community’s most vulnerable)
- Organizations that have been disproportionally impacted by COVID-19 whose requests clearly demonstrate the financial hardship experienced by the organization
- Organizations and programs who are working to adapt programs and services that were offered pre-COVID, while meeting all public health requirements (e.g. PPE, increased sanitation, physical distancing, barriers, etc.)
- Organizations and projects serving less advantaged and vulnerable populations.
- Programs and projects which have a broad scope.
- The project or organization must be located within the defined geographic boundaries of School District 71. Organizations located outside the Comox Valley delivering programs must clearly demonstrate how all funds will remain within the Comox Valley.
- Applicants must be in good standing as a federally-registered charity or other qualified donnee as defined by the Canada Revenue Agency. If the applicants are a non-profit without a CRA number, then the applicants will need to partner with a registered charity and complete a Sponsorship Agreement 2020.
- Final Reports from all previous CVCF grants must be completed unless an exception has been granted by CVCF prior to your application being submitted.
- The foundation bases their granting on the following principles:
- Comox Valley Community Foundation supports innovation where there is demonstrated need, the likelihood of effectiveness, and strong potential to serve as a model to others.
- The foundation strongly supports partnerships and collaborations to make the best use of limited resources.
- Projects should build on the strengths of the community to respond to identified issues and priorities.
- The organization should demonstrate a commitment to the project through a contribution of human and/or financial resources.
- Significant and appropriate support from other funding sources (including the community) should be evident.
- The organization should demonstrate inclusiveness and respect for cultural diversity.
- Projects that will be ongoing after the grant’s end should provide realistic plans for longer-term funding.
- Organizations should have a significant and appropriate amount of their funding in place when they apply.
For more information, visit https://cvcfoundation.org/grants/available-grants/community-enrichment-grants/