The Embassy of the Czech Republic in New Delhi is pleased to announce a call for proposals of the Local Transition Projects (LTP) of the Transition Promotion Program, the framework of the support of human rights and democracy of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic.
The program aims to support non-governmental organizations that promote human rights and democracy in their countries.
The Transition Promotion Program is a democracy assistance financial instrument of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic established in 2005. This program is aimed at support to democracy and human rights, using the Czech Republic’s experience with the social transition and democratization of the country. Projects within this program are implemented in cooperation with Czech civil society organizations and their local partners, underpinning the importance of civil society in democratization processes. This program does not cover projects in development cooperation, because there is a special program issued by the Czech development aid
- The financial contribution for an LTP is from 100,000 CZK to 500,000 CZK (approx. up to 20,000, – USD, 20,000, – EUR). Co-financing from other sources is arbitrary and desirable. The project should be effective and economical, for which reason all receipts must be documented.
- Each organization may apply for a contribution of one project.
- Duration: The project must be implemented from the date of the contract’s signing (about March 2023) to end of September 2023.
The financial contribution is intended for projects implemented in India, Bangladesh and Nepal. Implementer of the LTP is a local subject with legal subjectivity in the country of the project implementation. Implementer must be eligible to sign contract with MFA CZ that establishes jurisdiction of Czech laws and Czech courts. An LTP must be implemented by a non-governmental non-profit organization. A contribution cannot be claimed by an individual, political party or state institution.
The application for an LTP grant must include:
- The filled identification form in the English language, signed and stamped by the organization. “Local currency” row shall contain the amount in USD or EUR, all the Czech crowns sections must be left blank and they will be completed by the Czech Embassy in Delhi according to the valid exchange rate,
- A verified copy of the document (in English or translated into English) certifying that the applicant has legal subjectivity (it is officially registered);
- A confirmation in Czech or English that the person signed on the identification form has the competency to sign the application.
For more information, visit https://www.mzv.cz/newdelhi/en/pr/human_rights/call_for_proposal_local_transition.html