Deadline: 2 May 2017
The Embassy of Finland in Lithuania is currently inviting applicants for its 2017 Fund for Local Cooperation (FLC) in Belarus with an aim to support initiatives of local non-governmental organisations.
The FLC helps Belarussian civil society actors to carry out well-targeted projects with a clear goal and sustainable outcome in the field of human rights, democracy and good governance. The approach is to establish partnerships with a limited number of organisations instead of supporting one-time activities like workshops or seminars.
- Fight against corruption
- Empowering girls and women
- The organisation(s) in question should have a genuine, credible domestic basis; the proposed programme should not be launched or fully financed by the donor.
- Activities proposed should reach a large audience and have potential for a broad impact.
- Prospective applicants must provide detailed information on their organization.
- The incoming applications will be assessed based on the following criteria:
- Past experiences of projects with similar focus
- Specific, achievable and relevant objectives of the project
- Clarity on the main beneficiaries
- Effective and efficient use of the funds – the organization needs to demonstrate in the budget proposal that the funds will be used effectively to reach the specified objectives
- Innovative approaches to solve problems
- Sustainability of the results. The organization needs to indicate clearly how the impact of the project will be sustainable after the funding from the Embassy of Finland has finished
- Overall openness is important. The projects have to be registered in Belarus.
- The Fund does not support activities of political parties, public institutions, activities of unregistered organisations, projects in which the beneficiary is a single person or a single family or purely charity purposes.
- The Fund is designed to support projects. It is not intended to support operating expenses of organisations. The administrative costs for the project must be reasonable.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must download the application form and send it via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit Fund for Local Cooperation in Belarus.