Deadline: 30 April 2020
The Embassy of Japan in Bangladesh is pleased to announce its Grant Assistance for Grass-roots Human Security Projects to support various development projects with a view to enhance human security at the grass-roots level. There is an increasing need for cooperation by the entire international community to realize a peaceful and affluent society in which everybody can live their individual lives in a humane manner.
The GGHSP mainly supports the projects on health care, formal and non-formal education, agriculture, skill development, women empowerment, water and sanitation, environment, disaster risk reduction and alike.
The grant amount per projects is under 10 million yen in principle.
International and local NGOs who have registration of NGO Affairs Bureau, Bangladesh.
- For Organizations:
- More than 10 permanent employees(excluding project staffs and volunteers);
- At least 5 years of practical experience in the relevant field is preferred;
- Land ownership by organization (for construction project only);
- Adequate income and financial stability;
- Previous experience with international donors is preferred.
- For Project Proposal:
- Convincing project rationale based on detailed baseline survey;
- Generation of concrete and substantial social benefits;
- Participation of the local community;
- Financial and operational sustainability;
- Past experience and sound track-record in relevant field;
- Benefit extends to the grass-root people regardless of their political, religious, or racial orientation;
- Addressing Basic Human Needs (BHN) of the grass-roots people;
- Reasonability of the proposed cost estimates;
- Reasonability of items requested;
- Positive impact on GoB’s program in the relevant field/area
How to Apply
Applicants can download the application forms (GGHSP Format 1 and GGHSP Format 2) and submit them along with additional supporting documents at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Bangladesh
For more information, please visit https://www.bd.emb-japan.go.jp/itpr_en/gghspapply.html