Deadline: 10 September 2017
The Government of Ghana is seeking concept notes for its 2017 Adaptation Fund to create emerging income generating opportunities in livelihood diversification that would shift communities away from purely climate dependent sectors.
The small grants of up to US$50,000 to Civil Society and Community-based Organizations for the most innovative initiatives in the following focal areas in the three (3) Northern Regions of Ghana. Women groups are encouraged to apply.
- Dry-season gardening activities
- Fish farming
- Agricultural processing schemes (shea butter, groundnut oil extraction, etc.,)
- Bee-keeping activities
- Establishment of tree seedling nurseries
- Incorporating cultural values in river/dam basin protection
Applicants participating in these sub-projects will be assessed according to the following criteria:
- Presence in the community where it proposed to manage the funds and relevant experience
- Financial capacity–financial management and reporting, accounting system, operational procedures, fund oversight, disbursement, financial reporting and other internal control framework
- Technical capacity – ability to implement and monitor a project
- Managerial and administrative capacity – ability to plan, coordinate, and monitor activities
- Proposed approach to managing the fund and working with communities and district assemblies
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit Adaptation Fund Project.