Deadline: 30 January 2017
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs/Czech Republic is seeking applications for its three competitions for grants for projects of humanitarian assistance implemented by NGOs and other entities abroad in 2017.
- Subsidy call for comprehensive crisis response to the serious humanitarian consequences of climate change in local conflict and forced displacement in selected countries in sub-Saharan Africa (Ethiopia, South Sudan, Kenya, Nigeria, Central African Republic). Due to the impacts of natural disasters are also included in the invitation, two Asian countries – Burma / Myanmar and Nepal.
- Ethiopia is a priority country in bilateral development cooperation of the Czech Republic, in the southern regions of the country the Czech Republic supports the local population and refugees from Somalia in combating drought, access to drinking water and sanitation in developing their own livelihoods, mainly based on agriculture.
- Kenya, like Ethiopia struggles with drought due to El Nino and must also provide food to large groups of refugees from Somalia.
- In South Sudan, ongoing internal conflict, which further multiplies the difficult position of the local population. Czech Republic since the inception of the country in 2011, continuously helps within the country and refugees from South Sudan in the region in search of shelter, livelihoods and providing basic medical and nutritional care.
- Also, the Central African Republic is struggling with the effects of internal conflict ACR here as one of the few countries in the long term provides health care, nutrition, education and protection to internally displaced children.
- The northeastern region of Nigeria are apart of terrorist activities of Boko Haram also at risk of malnutrition to starvation. Czech Republic due to its diplomatic presence in the country committed to strengthening domestic and international humanitarian aid.
- In Burma / Myanmar, the Czech Republic also operates a long-term, helps here as recovery from natural disasters and the impact of inter-ethnic conflicts, particularly in states Arakanském, Karen and Čchinském, but also in relation to Burmese refugees in India, Thailand and Malaysia.
- In Nepal has sent the Czech Republic after the devastating earthquake of April 2015 medical traumatým, who worked in the country for almost a month. It was followed in 2016 grant renewal projects health, sanitation and education infrastructure, which will be able to continue in 2017.
- Subsidy call for urgent assistance to the conflict-affected population of Iraq and the Iraqi and Syrian refugees in neighboring countries (Jordan, Lebanon, Turkey) is supplemented by a separate challenge grant to help the people of Syria. Iraq and refugees in the region will be financed from the budget of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs humanitarian, aid Syria of funds approved by the Government Resolution no. 588 of 27 June 2016 on the provision of humanitarian, development and reconstruction assistance to Syria in the period 2016 – 2019.
- CR helps in Syria and Syrian refugees in neighboring countries (Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Turkey) since the beginning of the Syrian conflict.
On both calls will be allocated 20 CZK million on individual projects up to 4 milionyKč.
Authorized recipients of humanitarian grants MFA are NGOs and other natural or legal persons who have experience with providing health, social or educational services abroad, prove relevant expertise, ability to execute in these conditions and the principles of good humanitarian donorship and international quality standards provided help.
- Subsidy call for comprehensive crisis response to the serious humanitarian consequences of climate change: Ethiopia, South Sudan, Kenya, Nigeria, Central African Republic, Myanmar and Nepal.
- Subsidy call for urgent assistance to the conflict-affected population: Jordan, Lebanon, Turkey, Iraq and Syria.
For more information, please visit The Ministry of Foreign Affairs/Czech Republic.