Deadline: 14 October 2019
The Section for Turkish-Swedish Cooperation has announced its Call for Applications for Projects in 2020 to support civil society organizations throughout Turkey, to function as a resource for their partners, and to provide a platform for public debate.
The Section for Turkish-Swedish Cooperation has promoted collaboration between the two countries since 2001. The Section´s support is guided by the Results strategy for Sweden´s reform cooperation with Eastern Europe, the Western Balkans and Turkey 2014-2020.
For 2020 they particularly welcome applications for projects that focus on:
- Creating opportunities for exercising human rights, especially freedom of expression and advancing democratic participation and accountability.
- Enhancing women’s and girls´ participation and influence in decision-making processes at all levels and in all areas, and providing forums where they can make their voices heard.
- Strengthening a pluralistic civil society that can work against social polarization and discrimination.
- Promoting a free and informed public debate on human rights, democracy and the rule of law.
The Section encourage projects that foster collaborations between different institutions and sectors of society; that include activities in multiple regions of Turkey and that are co-funded with other grant makers. They also encourage that a gender equality perspective is mainstreamed into the applicant’s organizational structure as well as their working methods and in the activities of the project.
- Legally registered CSOs, foundations, associations, think tanks, academic, political, cultural and governmental institutions are welcome to apply.
- Applications from individuals or businesses are not eligible.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.swedenabroad.se/en/about-sweden-non-swedish-citizens/turkey/development-and-aid/cooperation-in-turkey/section-for-turkish-swedish-cooperation/