Deadline: 17 October 2019
The UK Department for International Development (DFID), the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR), the MRC and Wellcome have launched the 10th call for proposals under this initiative to fund global health trials to improve health in low and middle income countries (LMIC).
- Behavioural interventions
- Psychological therapies
- Disease management
- Hygiene interventions
- Diagnostic strategies
Types of Proposals
- Global health trial research grants
- Trial development grants
- A total of up to £20 million is available for this call.
- Around £1 million of the total amount is expected to be spent on several trial development grants.
- This scheme is open to Principal Investigators who are employed by eligible institutions based in LMICs where the research work will take place and to Principal Investigators who are employed by an eligible UK institution.
- Eligible UK institutions include UK Higher Education Institutions, Research Council institutes, and eligible Independent Research Organisations (IROs).
- For researchers based in LMICs, eligible institutions include higher education institutions and non-profit research institutions.
- If the application is submitted by an LMIC organisation, the primary headquarters of that organisation must be in one of the LMIC countries where the trial will take place.This means that the institution sponsoring a Principal Investigator must be legally registered in the UK or in a LMIC and the Principal Investigator must be employed by the institution that is hosting the research.
How to Apply
Applications will be submitted to and processed by MRC on behalf of the four partner agencies.
Eligible Countries : UK, Armenia, Bolivia, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Egypt, El Salvador, Eswatini, Georgia, Ghana, Guatemala, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Kosovo , Kyrgyzstan, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Morocco, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Tokelau, Tunisia, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Viet Nam, West Bank and Gaza Strip
For more information, please visit https://mrc.ukri.org/funding/browse/jght-10/joint-global-health-trials-call-10/#eligibility