Deadline: 31 October 2019
The Whitley Wildlife Conservation Trust (WWCT) is currently inviting applicants for its 2019 grant program for individuals undertaking nature conservation projects. Projects may involve practical habitat or species management, research, training, education, awareness raising or campaigning.
The Trust will be accepting applications for the December round of applications: Conservation of endangered plant species. The Whitley Wildlife Conservation Trust is a registered education, scientific and conservation charity established in 1957 and based in Devon, UK.
The Trust awards grants to both UK and overseas projects, and they typically range in value from £500 to £1,500. It is unlikely that the Trust would make an award for more than £1,500.
- The Trust is unable to process an application if the supporting documentation has not been received.
- Applications to participate in expeditions arranged by large organisations will not be considered.
- They do not support applications where the total cost of applicant’s project exceeds £15,000.
- Retrospective funding (i.e. funding for a project that has already begun) will not be provided for any project.
- All applications and supporting documentation must be written in English.
The Awards are open to all, and each application is judged on its own merits, however there are a number of topics that the Awards Committee are particularly interested in, which are detailed below:
- Research into the ecology of rare and threatened species and habitats.
- Projects which aim to encourage increased awareness of ecology, conservation and environmental issues in local communities, and to educate people on how to develop and carry out sustainable management practices in those communities.
- Research into how human activity affects species and habitats, and how any potential human-animal conflict can be managed.
- Projects which aim to design and implement conservation education programmes.
- Research into the welfare and breeding success of animals in captivity.
How to Apply
Applicants must download the application form and send it via email at the address given on the website.
For more, visit http://www.wwct.org.uk/about/grants